Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. @Southern by choice I was not even thinking about that. I was just thinking how in the world is she going to feed all of them. I asked DH to bring another one inside.

Now to come up with names. DH said he's keeping the spotted one. Besides her not sure if we will be keeping more from Honey. I also need to get some more pictures of the other babies. I let them all out to play today for the first time. They were having a blast.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How do you get them to coparent on the bottle? I tried to bottle feed two of Rose bucks. They were NOT having it. Marshmallow is giving us a good amount of milk. We have been supplementing two of Rose's kids on Marshmallow.

Now how to choose what does are staying from Honey? What are your absolute criteria to keep a kid? DH has his based on color. I do not want to base mine off of color. But ahh how to choose. Three does will be sold, but who.

DH named the spotted doe Aster.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
5 Does!!! I can’t imagine! :ep I’d keep them all but I’m trying to grow my herd by leaps and bounds this year... Either way, congratulations!

As far as deciding who to retain, others with more experience can give input based on that. Personally, when considering the quints, I would look at conformation. Since you have the ability to be choosing amongst them. You could always wait until they are older and personalities develop more too.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Oh no WH... it goes well beyond that now... You have to grow them out and freshen them twice to get a real idea of their true quality... THEN you can sell the ones that don't measure up. I mean how else are you to determine which ones carry the "litter" trait over say singles? Or which one will have the best udder? Oh no... can't sell any of them for at least two freshenings! ;):hide