Lalabugs - Kidding done

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! I thought I was going to post :)pop) until I kept scrolling! :lol: Gotta love doe code! Now I can post this :thumbsup!!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Here are better pics of him. What is his color? He has cream on his head and back legs.

Jude 2.jpg
Jude 3.jpg
Jude.jpg

RoahT

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't know what the coloring is called, but I love it, he's so cute!

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I really like this little guy.

Pumpkin has a really small udder. She was not in the best condition when we brought her home. We have been working on getting her in better health since then. She was 48.5 lbs when we brought her home. Only owned her 4 months. Just weighed her. She's 61.5 lbs.

I will be sending in a fecal as well. Got 3 oz out of her this morning. I got 27 oz out of Marshmallow the day after she freshened. Both had singles. She has unlimited Alfalfa & Mineral. She gets grain 2x a day.

I worry that she will not produce enough to feed the buckling as he grows.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
The kid continuously suckling should help/entice momma to make more, but you could always augment. If you want to co-parent, you might want to start giving the buckling a bottle now so he learns that it's as good as momma's teat.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good idea. I did start supplementing with a bottle. She milked slightly more this morning. Got 6 oz.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone dealt with bringing a severely emaciated dog back with out over doing it?

A part of living where we're at is getting dumps. Most of the times I take them down to the local shelter. However this dog is old, nothing but skin and bone & a rottie mix. At our local shelter rotties do not get adopted out. In his already critical state, i do not want to subject him to living there either.

I will be calling my vet as soon as they open to get him an appointment. Until then any advice? I gave him my senior chihuahuas food. It's canned senior dog food. He ate 1/2 of it, drank some water. Now is laying on the bed we made him. He's in my room currently. Super sweet, sad dog.

Attachments

• dog 2.jpg
    dog 2.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 87
  • dog3.png
    dog3.png
    630.2 KB · Views: 92