Lalabugs - Kidding done

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We're calling him Kairos, after the ancient greek meaning.

We really like the Wyandotte breed. I have a couple EE, RIR & Welsummers. They're my "old girls" They're around 5. Still laying. This year we're focusing on the Wyandotte. Hoping that spring break will be nice weather to get out and start building up the other chicken coops.

Last edited:

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What is a normal range for a 50/50 mini mancha doe?
We waited until Marshmallow was over 80 lbs to breed.

We have a FF doe who is only 62 lbs. We purchased her not to long ago. She is 50/50. Same breeder as Pumpkin.

Blondie is 12 weeks today, She weighs 30.8 lbs. Blondie is a F1 75 Nigerian, 25 Lamancha.

Jude is 8 weeks, he weighs 28.5 lbs. 50/50.

Also does anyone have any weights on pure LaMancha doe kid weights?

Have two does who are either 75 LaMancha 25 Nigerian or pure LaMancha. The dam was ran with a pure lamancha buck and a 50/50 mini mancha buck.

We sold all of our Nigerians. Besides Jasper, he will always stay. I love the mini manchas.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
mellow.jpg

Marshmallow
Could not get a good pic of her. If I have anything in my hands it must be for her.

Blondie.jpg
Blondie
She is such a ham.

Almond.jpg
Almond Joy the doe that weighs 62 lbs.

Jude 8 wks.jpg

Jude
The two does that are either full lamancha or 75 lamancha 25 nigerian are behind Jude.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
What is a normal range for a 50/50 mini mancha doe?
We waited until Marshmallow was over 80 lbs to breed.

We have a FF doe who is only 62 lbs. We purchased her not to long ago. She is 50/50. Same breeder as Pumpkin.

Blondie is 12 weeks today, She weighs 30.8 lbs. Blondie is a F1 75 Nigerian, 25 Lamancha.

Jude is 8 weeks, he weighs 28.5 lbs. 50/50.

Also does anyone have any weights on pure LaMancha doe kid weights?

Have two does who are either 75 LaMancha 25 Nigerian or pure LaMancha. The dam was ran with a pure lamancha buck and a 50/50 mini mancha buck.

We sold all of our Nigerians. Besides Jasper, he will always stay. I love the mini manchas.

It really varies. We will breed a 50/50 for FF if she is 60 lbs.
Some 50/50's will be more lean and long where a litter mate sister may be more Nigerian looking... but as they grow and mature the more Nigie type will get their length etc.
For us we look at body capacity and hip width if we are breeding young.

As far as weight- again it could be all over the map.
Mini's really change alot over the first 2-3 years.

every 6 months they look different.

They are all very healthy looking and pretty too!

Are you going to register them?

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I can not register any of them. Marshmallows sire was registered, dam was not. Blondies sire is registered, but marshmallow is not.
Almond Joy comes from registered stock, but none of the minis were registered. Same with Jude.

The other does the dam is registered, however both bucks she had running with her does were not registered. Though both bucks came from registered stock. Not sure besides doing DNA to figure out who the sire is. Not sure it would be worth it since both bucks are not registered?

I am happy to hear that 60 is still a good weight. I was worried about her weight. Was contemplating drying Almond Joy off earlier to let her catch up on weight.

Almond FF.jpg
This is a pic of Almond Joys udder. This was a 12 hour fill. I snapped it really fast before I milked her. Not the greatest pic.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Most of your goats can be registered as grade. At least is gives you and future clients a place to be able to do something more if you choose.
I have a whole line of Grade Mini Lamanchas. That line is Trouble's line. No way I won't continue that line just because they are grade.
Trouble's dam is an NOA Lamancha ND sire is registered... because the NOA doe Trouble is a grade.
One of our grade does (out of same dam different sire) just had trips- 3rd kidding... My friend doesn't weigh her milk and doesn't get into all that she has a homestead and needs milk (she owns this other grade 1/2 sister to our Trouble) She kidded and pulled kids so she wanted to make sure to get production moving along... so for the first few days she milked 4x a day.
When talking to her I asked her to repeat what she had just said and I repeated it back to clarify...
Here are her milkings in 24 hour period (by volume)
1st- 6 cups
2nd- 6 cups
3rd- 6 cups
4th 5 cups
48+48+48+40= 184 oz = 1.4 gallons :ep:ep:ep
She said she thought she was giving plenty of milk and wanted to know if she could go down to 3x a day! :th:lol::lol::lol:

That is the miliie/Trouble line!

As far as weight that is fine.... Trouble was 60 lbs when she was bred the first time as almost all our minis are at first breedings... they grow, some slower some faster.
I'll see if I can find some pics of the progression over time. She is 110-115 average now.. as a mature doe.
Almond Joy is very beautiful! Beautiful udder and teats!

Pm me and I can talk to you about how to register her.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I did not realize you could register minis as NOA.

That's an awesome amount of milk! Right now between Marshmallow & Almond we're getting almost a gallon each milking. Both FF. Marshmallow at her peak was giving us 7 lbs of milk being milked 2x a day. It's dropped down some. Haven not weighed it in a little while.

I would love to see progression pictures of your minis.

Thank you. I am really pleased with Almond Joys udder. Pumpkins udder was exactly like Almonds. We sold Pumpkin, keeping Jude. We're hoping the cross with Marshmallow will give her offspring a better rear attachment and teat placement. Pumpkin was also a SF not a FF as we were first told. Pumpkins udder when we first purchased her was her drying up from last years kids. The breeder has so many she's lost track of who is who. The udders though! I am really excited to see what Almond Joys udder is as a SF.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Can someone please explain this LA score? The score is from my bucks dam. She scored +V+E 87 as a 2 y/o SF.

Latest posts