lamb journal

2ewesandmoreonthego

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
HELLO!
SOOOOOOO, my friends lamb is gonna give birth within the next 3 days and i'm not preped. AT ALL. so if anyone has anything to say and any advice to give that would be Fantastic thank you! i'm sure i should have put this in a different forum, but yea...

ok... so i'll do something fun now haha!
89fb339d2f7234d85516d6f19772f874.jpg

who can tell me the breed of this lamb?

2ewesandmoreonthego

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
haha yeeeeea... me too... but apperently it is a real breed. just super rare.:idunno:gig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Racka sheep are super cool looking, wish they weren't so rare. What kind of sheep does your friend have?

2ewesandmoreonthego

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
yea, just REALLY hard to show in a breeding ewe class when you are showing with suffox... he he

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats - is this your friend's ewe's first time lambing? How much experience does your friend have?

Most ewes take care of lambing themselves just fine, but it is good to have some things on hand: iodine and a small cup to dip the lamb's umbilical cord a few times the first few hours; towels, gloves, and lube in case you are needed to assist with the birth; and a camera to take lots of pictures to share! Do a search for 'lambing kit' here to get some good lists as well.

Good luck!

Latest posts