Lambs are Here.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Minnie is an 8 year old ewe who was retired to the 'Old Crocks' field 3 years ago after mild mastitis. She's a Beulah Speckled Face who is a seasonal breeding local breed of wool sheep who should not have oestrus beyond about January. She's a morbidly obese (!) spoilt old pet who has not ever knowingly been near a ram up until the last few weeks,. About 10 days ago she looked like her udder was a bit swollen. It's now a lot swollen, hot and glandular feeling and her sides are swelling and her belly dropping. Everything says pregnancy.

Here she is.

Min side.jpg
Min bag.jpg
Min long.jpg

I swear I feel kicking when feeling her tight belly.

What do you think?

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like she may have been bred through the fence? If not, that's one really convincing false pregnancy! Those are some gorgeous sheep!!!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you, Beekissed. She was theoretically never closer than 2 fields from a ram.

Here's another of her lying down with my 2 rams in the field behind.

Min and rams.jpg

She almost seems to be saying 'forget the sweet talk....look where that has landed me!'

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
So- what?? You deny her one last fling?? :lol: :lol:

Looks like she fooled you....IMO, she's preggers.

Many years back a friend put two OLD goats together, yep buck & doe. Since they were both in their early to mid teens, owner felt their breeding days were over. Wrong. o_O One day there were 3 and all went fine.

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
So- what?? You deny her one last fling?? :lol: :lol:

Mini Horses....I totally congratulate the 'sly old horse'. Haven't stopped laughing since I noticed her bulges. She's super-sweet now, too....loves for me to go and rub her tense old belly and buries her head into my side when sit on the wall by her. Definitely seems to be full of feel-good hormones.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love the way you keep your old girls and retire them to live out their lives as pets. This one gave you not one, but TWO surprises! I bet you keep a closer eye on this wanton hussy after this! :love I'm so happy for all, they the lambs came through the rush to the vet and surgery. Thoughtful of them to be born alive and saving you the disappointment of throwing everything you had at them to no avail. Well done. Beautiful lambs. Rams or ewes? Names? I know they will be special to you, how could they not?

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rams or ewes? Names?
Two ram lambs...Patchy and Fred. Theoretically should never have happened. they are VERY big lambs and seem healthy.
As my daughter said. ..."She didn't give birth to them, she hasn't got milk for them, all she managed to do was 'get herself banged up'....oh the poetic tongue of youth.