large hard lump on right side of pee spot

Chickenlover0810

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have my 90 pound male 4-H pig and me and my sister both noticed that his pee spot(I don't know what else to call it) is larger on one side than the other. so I palpated it and on the right side of his pee spot it is a large hard lump. not causing him any pain or discomfort and he is urinating just fine. I want sure if we should have the vet out or not
BTW my fair is in one month
thankss

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Odd... and sorry... been way too long since I have palpated a pig... so no idea.

I am glad it isn't causing pain, and he is urinating.

Will the judges be able to see it?

Chickenlover0810

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
if my sister who is not a farm girl noticed then I'm afraid that the judge might see it. I have a friends dad coming over to check it out

Last edited:

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Honestly it could be many things. Get a vet to have a look and get their advice but you maybe showing a pig with a lump. Just tell your vet that your pig has a lump near the end of his sheath that you would like looked at. Sorry I cant give more direct info but honestly there is a wide range of options some with treatments some without.

Chickenlover0810

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
my friends dad checked it and thought that it might be and abscess. we have the vet coming out on Friday, thanks for all the help though!!!