Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You jinxed me!! He arrived at 11:13pm. 7 pounds and healthy.
Sorry about that!

But it sounds like all went VERY well. I'm sure there aren't many women in the world that has given birth that wouldn't envy a 20 minute "active" delivery time! I'm sure DW would have prefered that.

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about that!

But it sounds like all went VERY well. I'm sure there aren't many women in the world that has given birth that wouldn't envy a 20 minute "active" delivery time! I'm sure DW would have prefered that.

Congratulations!!!!!!!
Yeah, I really wasn't expecting it to be so quick. I had planned on trying to do it natural and without pain meds but gave up on the way to the hospital. Then when we got there I was too far along and they wouldn't give me any since his head was right there.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took Lamaze classes on my first. WTH? They told me it would be so easy, in the midst of things, all that went out the window. But the wonderful thing about birth, is you get the baby and labor pains are forgotten about.

You are going to be the best Mom ever!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took Lamaze classes on my first. WTH? They told me it would be so easy, in the midst of things, all that went out the window. But the wonderful thing about birth, is you get the baby and labor pains are forgotten about.

You are going to be the best Mom ever!
Thanks! I'm trying to be a good mom. I finally got about 5 hours of sleep when they took the munchkin for his 24 hour exam around midnight. The nurse woke me up to try to feed him since he hadn't eaten since just before that but he's zonked out and now I'm wondering if they fed him formula while he was at the appointment. His tummy looks full and he really should be hungry at this point. So we're just doing skin to skin and snuggling.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
now I'm wondering if they fed him formula
I hope they didn’t if you plan to breast feed. My SIL had a very difficult time getting her first to latch after the nurses bottle fed him (without asking her and against her wishes). It was one of the stories that contributed to my decision to have a home birth.
🤞All goes well for you! I also believe that you’re not only going to be, but already are a fantastic mom!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I checked with them after I posted that, and they said they didn't feed him at all. Hubby had asked for a bottle of formula and brought one into the room but it was still sealed and unopened.

We got discharged around lunchtime Sat and went home, mom and dad brought us lunch and met their grandson. They left after a few hours and the in-laws came over and brought us dinner and met their grandson.

I'm definitely going to take advantage of all the free meals friends and family are planning to bring. :)

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Apparently 3ish days is my limit on only cat naps. I have been setting my alarm to pump every 3 hours or so because the little stinker won't latch properly. So not much sleep happening. I slept through the alarm this morning by about an hour. I'm surprised he wasn't screaming his head off. He's been a pretty calm and non fussy baby, he's fantastic. He'll cry if he has a dirty diaper, but stop as soon as he's changed.

This evening MIL came over so I took a nap since I had pumped extra I wasn't needed to feed. My brother and his fiance, plus my dad also visited. I overslept that alarm by an hour and a half. Missed pretty much their entire visit. Apparently hubby made my brother change the poopy diaper, fiance videoed it though, lol.

Baby has a little jaundice, so we get to take walks in the sunshine tomorrow to see if that will help. He is eating, pooping, and peeing well, so just need to work it out of his system. He had his first Dr visit on Monday and they did the heel prick test, made us retest today, almost no change in the value. They aren't super worried as long as it doesn't get worse. I'm hoping it'll get better by his next visit on Thursday.