Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Frost warning for tonight. Need to get more lights next time we are at Home Depot.
KIMG2145.JPG
KIMG2147.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think it has frosted at least 3 nights in December so far. It has now been raining for days, we might have a break on Friday 12/24, then more rain for days.

Munchkin is growing well and holding his head up without too much bobbing around. Hasn't rolled over yet but will probably do so within a month. He really dislikes tummy time on the floor, I think because he's not holding his head up high enough yet. He does better with tummy time on my or hubby's chest.

We took down more trees in the front yard, haven't had a chance to chop them up yet though. Hubby dropped them and did not hit the house, but did hit the old rotten deck, so it's kinda smooshed in a few places. At least with all the rain we can have burn piles no problem now.

My two plant orders came in, need to get holes dug and get them in the ground or potted up. Hopefully they last until Monday, things are hectic right now with all sides of the family wanting time with munchkin.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, and with all the wind and rain, the swamp cooler is leaking. The one I wanted to get rid of when we had time and good weather, but hubby insisted on keeping. Now he agrees we should have taken it out. We have towels and a pot in the hallway to catch the water. So far it doesn't appear to have damaged the floor, unlike where we had the spare fridge in the den that leaked all over the new floor and caused it to buckle at the seams.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can you blame him?
No, but he's supposed to be working his muscles and pushing himself up to look around. He gets frustrated and just screams into the play mat.

I'm hoping he will do better soon. He has had a lot of time in people's arms these past few days and since he pushes off so strongly with his legs, we've been having him try standing while the person holds him in place. I think it helps his core muscles. Probably doesn't help his arms. He's really getting better at holding his head steady, he doesn't bobble much anymore unless he's really tired.

He has slept through the night 4x in the past week. Which is fantastic except I wake up with engorged breasts and have to juggle feeding and changing the munchkin with pumping. So far I've been able to stay ahead of him and now actually have a bunch of milk in the freezer too.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Supposed to frost again tonight, and may actually get below freezing while raining within the next two days, which means we could get snow. We are at 1200 feet so we usually don't get snow, we didn't last year.

I put up my new frost clothes I received for Christmas, hopefully they work. I still need to buy more Christmas lights to help keep the plants warm. The biggest avocado doesn't have a frost cloth but I was able to get the lights up to the top of it.

Latest posts