Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fiance scored an excellent deal on plywood. There's a local-ish place that sells plywood at discount usually because there's some damage or oddness about it. They told him they had 10' plywood for $18 when he called, but when he got there they were half off because some had damage and some had irregular/slanted cut edges. Works for us because we were going to cut them shorter anyways.

We finished installing insulation Tuesday and started the plywood. We were able to get most of the walls done, only two spots left. Next the roof needs to be insulated and add plywood, then we can do the internal walls. Then we should be able to start moving stuff in.

The lender is being a PITA, and my realtor has told me the closing date will be moved back, to June 4. If that's the case we will have more time to pack and clean, but it sure is annoying. I'm glad I didn't make an offer on something yet contingent on the sale, I would be freaking out.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Some photos :D =D

KIMG7108.JPG
KIMG7109.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm happy with the quality of this shipping container, the floor and walls seem solid although there's a lot of dents. I'm less happy about the roof. It didn't leak during the rain storm, but fiance popped the roof using high lift jacks and one of the rust spots opened up into a hole. He welded a chunk of metal over the spot and hit it with some flex seal so hopefully it doesn't leak.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
This project is using a ridiculous amount of adhesive. Possibly because fiance only wants to use the instant stick stuff that costs more. I bet we could get by with less adhesive, but we're putting it on every rib before we put the foam board in place and it's taking 1.5 tubes per foam board.

I think it's going to look really nice once we get the trim up. I told fiance if we get it done this weekend he can take Monday off and go fishing. I plan to play with the new wool I just received from D and L Meadows.

Last edited: