Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Strawberry rhubarb pie was grandpa's favorite pie. He passed when I was young after a battle with a Parkinson's variation. Most of my memories are of him sitting in his recliner. My brother and cousins actually got to know him before he wasn't himself anymore. No one ever brings rhubarb pie because no one grows rhubarb, and not many stores carry the pie. Going to see if my aunt has a recipe from my grandma to try instead of this internet recipe.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Strawberry rhubarb pie was grandpa's favorite pie. He passed when I was young after a battle with a Parkinson's variation. Most of my memories are of him sitting in his recliner. My brother and cousins actually got to know him before he wasn't himself anymore. No one ever brings rhubarb pie because no one grows rhubarb, and not many stores carry the pie. Going to see if my aunt has a recipe from my grandma to try instead of this internet recipe.
Strawberry rhubarb pie sounds like a family treasure that had fallen by the wayside and you are bringing it back!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
It didn't turn out very runny at all, after I followed the instructions to only add the filling chunks and not all the juice. It was ok, but very tart. My aunt said to add more sugar next time. I'll try again later this summer.

KIMG5065.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Finally started some seeds after much badgering from husband. Several types of tomatoes and peppers. Only got part of the peppers done, need to do the rest tomorrow, just too tired tonight. Posting this so I have a reference for when they should be germinating, in 7-10 days.
So I started the seeds on Friday?? Tomatoes are sprouting already!! Going to have lots of cherry tomatoes apparently. I put 2-3 seeds per cell as some of the packets were old.

KIMG5067.JPG
KIMG5069.JPG

Latest posts