Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know I'm a month behind but here's our cooler for our RV. Technically a fin fan / radiator not a swamp cooler.
Pump $10
Copper coil $10
MIP x compression fitting $5
Fan
Cooler/ 5gal bucket

You freeze gallon jugs of water and put them in water in cooler. The cold water circulates in tubing and cools air going across. It actually lowers humidty by condensing water vapor than increasing it like a swamp cooler.
View attachment 86713View attachment 86714
Interesting, I will have to show that to my hubby. We could probably make one of those pretty quick.

Right now the fans and mister are working ok for the rabbits, it's supposed to get well over 100 again this weekend. Not looking forward to that.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, there was an earthquake that hit near the border between CA and Nevada, I guess a couple in CA today but that was the closest. I didn't feel anything at work but my MIL texted to say she felt it and it shook their whole shop. My mom felt it at her work a few towns over and it made the overhead lights swing and moved her computer chair. Guess it was a pretty strong one.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't wait for the weekend! Hubby and I want to try to knock out the floor in the den this weekend and maybe get a start on the dining room. Dunno how far we'll get because it's supposed to be hot.

List:
1. Hubby fix floor in den while I prep the walls so drywall can be installed.
2. Hubby install drywall in den while I clean up the dining room and remove items.
3. Remove built in china hutch monstrosity from dining room.
4. Start installing floor in den while hubby repairs floor and installs drywall in dining room.
5. Finish floor in den and hallway, begin flooring in dining room.
6. Argue about remodeling kitchen.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
A magnitude 5.9 earthquake shook the California-Nevada border Thursday afternoon, with people reporting feeling a jolt hundreds of miles away, as far as the Bay Area, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The earthquake, reported just south of Lake Tahoe, triggered a series of aftershocks with at least one with a 4.6 magnitude, the USGS said.

Source

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
A magnitude 5.9 earthquake shook the California-Nevada border Thursday afternoon, with people reporting feeling a jolt hundreds of miles away, as far as the Bay Area, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The earthquake, reported just south of Lake Tahoe, triggered a series of aftershocks with at least one with a 4.6 magnitude, the USGS said.

Source
Yup, that's the one. I didn't feel it at all.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are gonna melt. Posting this while standing under the swamp cooler.

Screenshot_20210710-090456.png