Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where did you find round lasagna noodles? ;)
They didn't have any square aluminum foil pans, so I made do. Should have gone to Costco or sam's club. I don't cook my lasagna noodles whole, I usually break them in half, so I just find or make smaller pieces to fit.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
They didn't have any square aluminum foil pans, so I made do. Should have gone to Costco or sam's club. I don't cook my lasagna noodles whole, I usually break them in half, so I just find or make smaller pieces to fit.
Check out Barilla no boil noodles - NOT the gluten free ones!!!!
Much easier and much less time?

Cooked a big lasagna (rectangle pan) last night, took forever, but it came out soupy?
What recipe are you using? I was using 2 jars of sauce following the Barilla recipe. What I didn't notice is that a jar of Barilla sauce is a lot less than a jar of Boves. Now using only 1 jar and much less soupy.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got foil on the way home last night, and baked it covered for 15 minutes, then uncovered for another 15 minutes. Set for 5+ minutes to cool a little, then had for dinner. Hubby happy with the taste but probably could have done 5-10 more minutes baking. It should be fine, since we'll be reheating it for leftovers this week.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Took all the rest of the stuff out of the hutch and convinced hubby to dismantle it because we were discussing the potential kitchen remodel.

KIMG1281.JPG

Halfway done

KIMG1282.JPG

All gone!

KIMG1283.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
A pantry is a must! This double wide we have had a small coat closet and I put shelves in it and made it a pantry. It’s crammed full. Lol
This one has two closets in the laundry zone, one we are using for cleaning stuff and the other has dry goods, but the layout sucks and it's hard to access. There's a closet/pantry in the kitchen now, but they put it in the space between the fridge and wall oven and the back wall is the DIAGONAL wall from the hallway. It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.