Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tree chicken :)

KIMG5982.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nothing from Cinnamon yet, I need to recheck the calendar to see if my count was off. Nothing from Pepper either. :(

I peeked again at Paprika's babies and I think there's 6, one dark and the rest white or pale reddish. I hope the dark one is a black doe, would be a keeper, and would mean that both Frost and Paprika carry the self gene.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cinnamon has babies!! I'm not entirely sure she didn't have them on Wednesday night and I missed them, but I'm going to roll with their birthdate officially being Thursday night. The nest box she is using this time is huge compared to the box from last time, and she really has them tucked down in the end. I counted at least 4 babies, didn't pay attention to color.

Paprika's babies seem to be doing well, they were lively. It's confirmed she carries REW gene, as several of the babies are white. The dark kit looked castor when I grabbed it, so I'm a little bummed it's not black, but I need to wait until they actually have fur to start counting the colors.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Paprika's babies look like 4 REW, a castor, and a red/orange. They were all quite lively and jumpy when I checked on them tonight.

Cinnamon's babies were harder to see, but I think there's more than 4. The one I got a good look at looks like it might be the same color as Toffee from the first litter.

Boyfriend and I saw the new star wars movie this morning. Ending did not go the way I would have wanted, but it was still good. There's nothing extra in the credits or after :(