Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sugar kits. Still has all 7, opals and castors.
KIMG0634~2.JPG

Cinnamon kits. Still has 4. Castor, opal, dilute sable agouti, and ??. Might just be odd castor, need to pull them out for individual pics. I might be looking at the same kit more than once. The odd one is on the right.
KIMG0635~2.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lovely kits! They are always so cute and cuddly.

I forget, are your rabbits in a barn? If so, what about a ring binder to keep your records in, and leave it in the barn in maybe a cupboard?
Nope, no barn. They are under a Harbor Freight carport. I would love to have a barn for them. I'm hoping we can get to building a barn before the heat of summer arrives.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those .look beautiful, wish I had a green thumb like you do :love ..your going to have some fantastic harvests !
My thumb is kind of greenish, but I've killed a lot of plants along the way. Especially house plants. I did manage to make an orchid bloom at work, but I am almost certain the front desk lady snuck it some fertilizer or something; I watered it only once every one to two weeks and I think it likes the temp the office is kept at.

Bare root plants arrived this week, need to soak them and then get them potted up. Elderberry, gooseberry, currants, etc.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Working on flooring in the second bedroom while hubby manages burn pile in the front yard. He took out almost all the remaining trees, I wish he would take the rest out too. We are going to have a huge garden zone. :weee

We have been watching aircrete garden raised bed youtube videos, and found one that looks doable. We are thinking two lengths of panels, 4' and 6'. That way we can make the beds 4' wide and however long we'd like. I'd be happy with just the 4', but hubby wants longer panels so that was our compromise. Now we need to get some forms made up so we can get the garden going.

Pics of flooring progress:
KIMG0662.JPG
KIMG0663.JPG