Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Next stage, install underlayment. We went with the higher end thicker bamboo stuff.
KIMG0665.JPG
KIMG0666.JPG

You may have noticed the closet wasn't primed. That will get done after the floor is done. Hubby is not allowed to be in charge of painting anymore.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Precision cuts. :D

KIMG0667.JPG
KIMG0668.JPG
KIMG0669.JPG

I didn't want to cut the door trim but it wouldn't fit with it in the way. I solved the problem by having hubby hold the trim out of the way so I could slide the piece into place. He will reattach the trim when we install the baseboard. I feel pretty proud of this piece as I cut it myself and didn't ruin the piece or injure myself. Usually I make hubby do the weird puzzle piece cuts. We are using a table saw, oscillating multi tool, and a miter saw.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope the neighbors don't hate me. I kept going. I have two blisters somehow, but the floor is done as of 10:20pm. According to my photo timestamps, I started laying the planks after 5, since that is the time showing I finished the underlayment. There's less leftover cuts than the last room so I think I improved. This room had better dimensions.
KIMG0673.JPG
KIMG0674.JPG
KIMG0675.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice work. How close are the neighbors?
There are neighbors on 3 sides. The one to the north is a good distance away, the one to the east is closer, and there's almost nothing between our houses to block sound/view. I really want to plant a hedge, but there's an easement for the water on that side so not sure if the roots would be an issue. The neighbor to the south is ridiculously close, as both their and our house was built what I think is too close to the property line. The houses aren't within the setback zones but I bet they are right on the outside edge of them.

Latest posts