Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bunnies are looking cute and they are all eating a ton of food, they need to get sold or harvested. Checked the birth dates and the youngest batches are 8 weeks yesterday and today. Going to see if I can get good individual pics of the chinchillas to try to sell as pets. Might try to sell some of the Rex as pets too. Need to see if I can badger hubby into butchering tonight or tomorrow, I want to cut down number of bunnies before the weekend, going to the coast on a girls trip with mom.

Trying to decide if I should breed one more time or if I waited too long, weather is only going to get hotter.

KIMG0866.JPG
KIMG0868.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went on vacation with mom to the coast over the weekend, had a relaxing visit. Hubby and his dad continued to work on floors and walls. They got the floor in the living room done and all the walls shored up. Hubby finished putting drywall on the exposed walls yesterday. It looks nice but one more wall to do before complete. Then time to mud and tape, texture, and paint. Then finally can do the floors.

We are still arguing/discussing how to do the fireplace surround. Hopefully we will get that figured out soon. Definitely hot enough weather now we don't need the fireplace.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hubby got the drywall up and most of the mudding and sanding done. And then it rained... And the roof leaked into the wall, down the stud and onto the osb floor. Grrr. Hubby went to the store and bought another gallon of Henry's roofing stuff and spread a bunch of it along the roof over the windows. We will be reroofing this summer if we can figure out the financing.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
We went to the flooring store yesterday and think we found tile for the fireplace surround and part of the pedestal, but we haven't found what we are looking for to use as the hearth/part that the fireplace actually sits on. I'd like it to be actual stone, or look like stone. Might end up going to a landscape supply and see if they have something.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
What happened?
I had to separate these two from the rest of the litter because they are bucks... and the black buck was trying to get frisky with his mom and sisters. This cage is smaller in depth than the other cages, so it doesn't fit on the parallel bars, so I added the white poles perpendicular to keep the cage up. But since poles are cylinders, they roll when the little idiots move around a ton. So far they have fallen only 3-4 times. At least they haven't gotten out and haven't been injured yet.

Rabbits are going to be sold or harvested by the end of this weekend. With or without hubby's help.