Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have hair sheep, they will browse like a goat, but not poison oak.
Yeah, I want wool sheep though. I will see if we can get the darn goats over to eat it. I thought we could get a bunch done this weekend, but Sunday is taken up by mother's day. Breakfast at my mom's, and I guess a bbq at hubby's parent's house.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went to top waters and feed rabbits this morning and the little black buck was on the ground. We just stared at each other for a few seconds then he started hopping away. I had to chase him down without freaking him out, grabbed him and went to check out the cage. It had fallen again, who knows when between 11 last night and almost 8 this morning. The other buck was still inside but there were gaps that the black buck must have used to get out. I put the buck back in and squished the cage back to where it was supposed to be. I didn't bother to put it back up on the bars, hopefully nothing will mess with them on the ground. They are going to go, one way or another tomorrow.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Worked on floor yesterday after work. I think it's been awhile since I posted some pictures. Here is floor finished and walls textured and painted.
KIMG0949.JPG

Here is underlayment ready to go.
KIMG0952.JPG

Here is floor installed, stopped to eat dinner and argue about the next steps.
KIMG0956.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hubby sanded and remudded yesterday, there's drywall dust everywhere. Ugh. He claims he cleaned a bunch of it up, seems doubtful based on the layer that's everywhere. He's getting hopeful we can finish a lot of the floor this weekend, and release the Roomba. We named it Dave. Dave hasn't been out to play in almost a year.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mother in law took Liberty to have a date yesterday; apparently it was a big ordeal, as her suitor was a bit shorter than she is and they ended up needing assistance to line everything up. If it worked, we will be able to visibly tell in a month, and then she'll have puppies mid July.

She did great in the car and seemed to have a good time. Once she got home she immediately started roughhousing with Sophie and trying to play with the cats.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hearthstones bought, sample tile and trim, not sure we like the tiles. Several stones have pits/holes in them. Haven't really found a tile that was perfect yet. Might try to check out hd supply. We've looked at floor and decor, home Depot, and this tile is from Lowes.
KIMG1001.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok, gonna share some personal news, I'm surprised I've been able to keep this a secret for so long. My hubby and I are going to be welcoming our first baby in early October. We will be 20 weeks on Saturday and will get to learn the gender. We are pretty darn excited to become parents. :love