Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stuff tastes like what it eats. Alligators eat fish (when they are not eating small pets and people who want to feed them! LOL) so they taste fishy. That is why wild ducks and geese often taste fishy as opposed to commercially raised ducks and geese. Although geese are mostly plant eaters. :hu

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hubby installed the baseboards and we were able to move the furniture back into the living room. Now the den is empty and we can start prepping that for the new flooring. Still need to get the fireplace surround tiles and get busy on the pedestal so we can put the fireplace back and out of the dining room.
KIMG1128.JPG

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tomatoes are now gone, we ate them on our salad last night. Nothing else in the garden is ready yet. The little zucchini plant I bought last weekend is perking up after planting and I'm hopeful I'll get zucchini later this summer. The pepper plants are still staying small, I wonder if I should give them some fertilizer? The Roma tomato plant is huge, and the other tomatoes and tomatillos are starting to grow into monster plants. Cilantro bolted already and the basil has been ravaged by bugs. Eventually I'll have my giant garden but so far it's just all in nursery pots and one raised bed.