Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
It's raining. Again. I think we are officially in the rainy season. At least I no longer have to water my garden. :yesss: I brought the surviving papaya seedling inside, it's getting into the 40s/50s at night. So far it's still alive but the leaves are looking a little yellow. I'm thinking of watering it with some fertilizer, although I already put a bunch of bunny berries in the potting soil.

Munchkin is doing well except we are fighting a diaper rash.

Penny the cat is being super clingy, I think she likes that I've been home all day for weeks. Now that it's colder she's been stealing my chair as soon as I get up. Abby the cat has figured out how to jump over the tall baby gate, that was supposed to be cat proof, into the baby room. Then she curls up in the dock a tot thing. She seems very proud of herself. Penny still hasn't made it over the gate. Maybe Abby likes the alone time?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Papaya seedling still alive, and the new leaf it is growing looks a little bigger. Mom came over yesterday and got us out in the yard in the sunshine, we put the munchkin in the stroller so he was contained and easy to move around. He slept the whole time. We dug up the bulbs and I planted them in the bulb circle in the driveway turn around. There are Freesias, daffodils, some kind of lily, and two unknown bulb types. I also planted a bag of daffodil bulbs hubby bought. My back was hurting after I finished and it was getting quite cold.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Munchkin is often refusing to burp, which leads to spitting up, leading to yet another outfit change. He's so freaking adorable yet so frustrating at times. He has also been more awake after being fed, which is cool, but not at 1am when I am delirious with lack of sleep. I have had less than 4 hours of sleep tonight.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
He's so freaking adorable yet so frustrating at times. He has also been more awake after being fed, which is cool, but not at 1am when I am delirious with lack of sleep. I have had less than 4 hours of sleep tonight.
Wow, sounds almost like a baby!

Oh, wait, he IS a baby! Welcome to parenthood ;)

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
We worked in the yard today. Hubby is using a lift truck to chainsaw the front yard trees down, while I move the cut pieces to either the burn pile or the tractor bucket (logs). He got a lot done, and I was able to help for an hour or two while an aunt watched the munchkin.

KIMG1913.JPG

KIMG1920.JPG

After the aunt left I put the munchkin in the stroller and brought him out to where I could work on the burn pile branches and cut out the larger pieces for kindling while hubby ran out to the store. Hubby says to just burn it all but I'd prefer not to buy wood or have to chop up bigger pieces to use for kindling. It went a lot faster once I found the good loppers.

KIMG1924.JPG

Hubby started the burn pile and we are going to have hotdogs and s'mores. A good ending to a productive day I think.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We worked in the yard today. Hubby is using a lift truck to chainsaw the front yard trees down, while I move the cut pieces to either the burn pile or the tractor bucket (logs). He got a lot done, and I was able to help for an hour or two while an aunt watched the munchkin.

View attachment 88201
View attachment 88200

After the aunt left I put the munchkin in the stroller and brought him out to where I could work on the burn pile branches and cut out the larger pieces for kindling while hubby ran out to the store. Hubby says to just burn it all but I'd prefer not to buy wood or have to chop up bigger pieces to use for kindling. It went a lot faster once I found the good loppers.

Hubby started the burn pile and we are going to have hotdogs and s'mores. A good ending to a productive day I think.
You got blue gravel? I feel cheated, my driveway gravel is regular ol' brown stuff. :lol:

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
You got blue gravel? I feel cheated, my driveway gravel is regular ol' brown stuff. :lol:
Brown gravel? I don't think I've seen brown gravel. The gravel I've seen from the landscape companies are usually gray or blue. I bet the color is due to what is available in the area, it's probably sourced locally as it's heavy to transport.

Latest posts