Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have had several bouts with strep throat and had scarlatina as a kid. No after effects from it that I can tell... but I will get a real bad sore throat about every 2-3 years... go to the dr and they do a strep test... usually negative... but have been able to get the dr to listen to my history... give me erythromycin and in 48 hours no sore throat... do the course of the antibiotics and done. That is one of the few times I ever "push" for an antibiotic... because whatever causes the infection responds immediately... also probably because I don't take stuff hardly ever....

@Larsen Poultry Ranch ; maybe you have a cold or something else... and when you get sick that is when you are "supposed to go to the dr".... It is soooo much BS anymore. No wonder so many wind up in the emergency room or the acute care places... because people's own drs won't see them "if they are sick".... :hide :th:barnie:he:he:duc:duc:idunno:idunno

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think the home testing is to try to prevent the spread of it. I'm a mystery shopper once in a while, or a business inspector (for the same company) (for grocery money mostly). If I'm even remotely concerned about Covid, I have to cancel my job. We don't want all these people to get Covid all of a sudden like in 2020. I tested several times and didn't get a positive so I continued on with my periodic assignments.

I've not had Covid, but I was sick with a cold for almost 4 weeks. After two years of masks and instant hand sanitizer, we've all forgotten what its like to be sick. (previous cold was in winter of '19).

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think more people are getting sick because they did not share germs and build resistance during the 2 Covid years.
I think this is the main reason why so many kids are getting seriously sick with RSV right now. Staying home and isolating is not great for growing immune systems, they need to get mild sicknesses so their bodies learn how to fight off the worse ones.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
And speaking of growing immune systems, munchkin just ate a handful of dirt. Guess I should be thankful it was in the yard and not in the chicken pen..

He was chewing on an acorn a few days ago. I'll be glad when this stage is over and I don't have to fight him to get stuff out of his mouth. He bites. :(