Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put the da#@ed deer in the freezer.... I have a war on with the ones here...
I'd love to but we would probably get in trouble. I'll see if hubby can get his hunting license and deer tag this year. We also had a buddy with a bow tag for deer and tried to get him to get a deer on our property, he was going to split it with us. He didn't see any when he was out here but did find a shed antler. I think we need to build a blind on the property overlooking an apple tree or food plot.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous day today, sunshine and not too hot, light breeze intermittently. We have a ton of plans for getting stuff done around the property, so of course hubby gets called in to do an emergency service call. Ugh. I dropped him off at his work truck and go to the tree nursery, at least I can buy a few trees to plant this weekend right? NOPE! They are closed... their website doesn't list hours and last year they were open weekends for bare root trees.

Back home I go, and kid falls asleep less than 10 minutes from home. Now I'm sitting in my car listening to him snore and wondering if I can try to get anything done while he's in the car or if I need to wait till he wakes up.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
KIMG4953.JPG

Bought a few of these at Walmart last night, I'm excited to see if they work. They don't have a greenhouse dome though so I'll have to make something. Reusable seed trays! The cheap ones I can sometimes get two growing seasons out of but these should hopefully last a lot longer.

I have a few cheap ones from last year I need to dig out, and bought 4 new ones this year. I think I should have started seeds a few weeks ago but better to try this year than miss it completely. I don't know if the weather is going to turn colder again before real spring or if it's done. I feel like last year it did have another cold snap in late March.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
And if you wake him up, he’s had just enough sleep to be wound up again and grouchy before bedtime!
He fights naps now, we struggle to make him take one all day. Car rides definitely help but he does get very cranky when he's tired. Last night he was very upset at bedtime, almost a full tantrum, I finally got him to sleep by snuggling with him on the floor right before my arm fell asleep.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my gosh - you brought back memories. The first kid as a baby would not sleep. I spent many hours driving her around trying to get her to go asleep. Then sitting in the car reading a book or even leaving her in the car in the garage while I went into the house. Yes, it was that bad, 38 years ago!!

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tried to roll the windows down so I didn't have to leave the doors open and he woke up :th

So we went inside and had some lunch. Then I tried to install the new baby gate and it seems very wobbly. Going to have to have hubby look at it, might even need a brace or something; it's wobbly because the space requires all the extension pieces. I am planning to remove the giant play pen and just fence off the main living room zone to contain the kid. So then he can ride his bike and run around and tire himself out.

Hubby called to go pick him up, so now we are back out on the road.