Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went to Green Acres, bought a prune tree, plus another lemon, a clementine, a navel orange, a mulberry, a blueberry, and a gooseberry. Plus some corn seeds, sweet corn and a neat looking popcorn. Couldn't find any dent corn seeds, probably online somewhere.

We checked by the post office on the way home and my baker creek order came in! Some seeds and ginger roots. We got home and took turns watching the munchkin so we could work on our projects. I got the new plants potted in larger pots and the prune in the orchard. Hubby worked on the new garden fence. Munchkin tried to help both of us in turn, and got quite muddy. He ended up getting very cranky and so we called it a day and gave him a shower and food. Now I'm tired and very sore, even though I tried to be good and not lift anything heavy. Now I'm making cupcakes for the reveal party tomorrow, we got our test results back so we know the gender of our new munchkin. We are at 15 weeks now.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not to sound stupid, but what is a prune tree???? I thought prunes were made out of plums... I guess some varieties make better prunes than others.... but I tried drying some plums years ago and they made halfway sorta prunes...
It's a specific type of plum that was bred to make prunes, regular plums might work but I've never tried it. I'm hoping I can make dried prunes in a few years. Hubby and munchkin love them.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Since most of us are a little far away to come to a reveal party, if we were invited, how about a "reveal" on here??

I was thinking the same! :lol: pink or blue?

Not revealing until after the party lol, then I'll post some pictures. I'm pretty sure my friends and family don't follow my thread but I'm not taking a chance to spoil the surprise. My mom and mil have been going nuts having to wait. I've had the info almost 2 weeks now.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mom said someone at the park on Friday thought munchkin was a little girl.. so I tried cutting his hair this morning. I think it looks decent, except I took a little too much over one ear. That's the only part that doesn't look ok. I only cut above his ears and at the back. It was a bit difficult since he didn't want to sit still and kept trying to grab the scissors.

We aren't going to tell anyone at the party I cut his hair, going to see if anyone notices or says anything.