Last of the group, Hadassa Kidded today!

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hadassa is a very small Nigerian and had a little trouble, but we were successful in helping her. Her baby was only 3 lbs. and that was full term. And he is the best looking one yet!

Editied to say that Hadassa is 2 years old and this is her first kid (we were told she was sterile).

425_hadassas_kid.jpg

425_hadassas_kid_001jpg.jpg

I have after birth duty and Mom rejected the kid. Tina is working on giving him colostrum....

Chris

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
You can't see it in the picture but he is another tri-color. He is gonna have some buckskin on his back!

Chris

Griffin's Ark

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Wooooo Hooooo Mom is feeding him. I think we are in the clear! Not completely though I am worried she might be starting to prolapse. It is not bad enough to call the vet yet, but I guess that we are going to be on alert most of the night. I took a picture of Hadassa and Blue (Little Boy Blue) in a 36" kennel to show everyone how small she is.
425_hadassa_and_blue.jpg

And yes of course they are spending the night in the house with us.
Chris

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
When a cow prolapses, after she is washed up and put back together, a stitch is put in her folds to keep her from prolapsing again. Is this something you can do with a goat to keep her from prolapsing?

haviris

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
He's so cute, glad mom's taking to him!

So what size are your kids generally? Just currious, I'm taking it 3lbs is small? 2-3lbs is about average for my nigis, although I've so far never had a single. My last (only) single pygmy was 3.3lbs.