Latestarter's 2019 kidding

How many kids in spring 2019, breeding 5 adult does? These same does gave 10 in 2018.

• a number not shown...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know... I've seen gray with "tips" being different or highlighted... I'm calling her silver but haven't seen her out in full sunlight either and she was only hours old. Guess time will tell. Went out a couple hours ago and the black one latched and suckled but once again, not the silver one. About to head out again, then time for me to get some sleep.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Just back in. The silver girl was sleeping all curled up and the little black one was up wandering around mom. She did latch on and drink. I think the silver one did take a little sip when I moved her under mom, but just wasn't all that interested. She was nice and warm and didn't feel "thin", so with no other issues, I discussed the situation with Blackie for a bit then said goodnight. I'll revisit them tomorrow morning. Feels warmer inside the shelter than out and outside isn't really all that bad @ 48° Dot & April are both getting wide as a house. They gave twins/trips respectively last spring. They're both due mid March, so about 3 months along. Bang is growing too, but she goes round rather than out to the sides. I believe CC and CB are also cooking up kids, but hard to tell yet. I'm also uncertain if any of the other yearlings were "early bloomers" along with Blackie. Hopefully if so, they'll have as easy a time as Blackie had. I'm really impressed with her mothering so far. She's done an excellent job for such a young doe.

Was a little hungry so fried up 4 slices of bacon and am finishing the last slice, along with a glazed, raised donut. Sugar, salt, and grease/fat... Should make for a raging case of reflux in a couple of hours. Maybe I'll go get another donut ;)

Latest posts