Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
May have gotten an inch of rain here today--no wind or other bad weather.
YESTERDAY tho, under clear skies, we had a LOT of wind. I saw the dogs and the cows walking toward the house backwards just to keep the dust out of their eyes. Blew my hat off and an internet friend of mine over near the La line just texted me to say he found it floatin' in one of his ponds........

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Still raining here... not heavy, but steady. No real wind since the big storm this morning, just a light southerly breeze as that's the direction all this moisture is streaming in from. I've been sitting here since about noon trying to get all caught up from being away a day & 1.2... :th Haven't even been over to BYC yet... I don't "follow" as much over there though so hopefully that won't be quite as heavy on traffic.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got an inch and a quarter of rain. Not much for wind now, and the rain has stopped. We have an increasing band of blue sky in the west.

Today was a day of rest. So, we took advantage of the time off to watch some good movies, that we recorded from our "free" HBO:
My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 and a documentary on the life of Lincoln, as compiled from family photos.

We are in the middle of watching The Soloist, with Robert Downey Jr., and Jamie Foxx . . . Powerful!!! We stopped part way through to go out and feed the animals.
image.jpeg

The blue didn't show up, in the photo, but you can see that the clouds are clearing.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I can see a thin line of clear sky just above treetop level out west. The sky was very red for a short spell and of course now the sun is below the horizon. Should be a clear day tomorrow. I don't feel like cooking and I'm getting hungry. I think Arby's has a 2 for 5 going on and I think I'll go get a couple of roast beef sandwiches. Hope your newest additions are doing well. I see Violet in her normal place... up on the fence/gate hoping for some lovin' :D

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
glad everything is ok over your way even if it is all a little soggy. been raining off and on all day here too. other than feeding everyone the girls and I have pretty much been hanging out in the house. I've been trying to clean my desk off simply so I can find things but haven't had much luck.
and boy are you wrong about me not knowing when the girls are due. I always hand breed and write it all down since I tend to forget the when if I don't. bang and viola were both bred on 11-6-16 and will be due about 4-5-17. dippin' dot was originally on 11-8-16 but recycled and was rebred on 11-30-16 so is due around 4-29-17. both vi and bang have their little starter kit udders going. love it when things start jiggling as they walk away from you. when figuring out the then you had better get pounding those posts, lol.
glad your daughter is coming to visit. this is her first one if I remember right. hope youall enjoy yourselves and mel doesn't eat teddy. i'm having duck eggs , a steak and a salad for supper. enjoy your arbys

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got 1 3/4" today. I'll take it. DH had his first day of therapy for his shoulder replacement, then we hooked up the trailer and went and picked up 3 pigs. We got red wattle pigs, 4 months old. HELLOOOOOO FREEZER CAMP!! LOL We were tired and hungry, so I fried some deer steak, steamed cauliflower and sliced avacados for late lunch/early supper. Then we both took a nap. The pigs are still in the trailer, we'll unload tomorrow.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yay for piggies! Why did I think you were going to get some in the fall? Yep, pics tomorrow please!!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.