Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Geez @Latestarter I didn't mean to jinx you when I said it was nice you had a good spare after replacing the rear tires! Sure glad no one got hurt (sorry that your wallet did). With all this unneeded stress you are going to be older than me soon!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The only good thing is that neither of you were hurt. The whole thing sucks, worst of all was getting that ticket. Like you really needed another financial kick in the butt. :somad

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It does seem like you have a target on your back. I am glad no one is hurt and I would definitely take the advise to at least call the DA and see if they would drop it. It would seem like you would catch a break here pretty soon.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope you had a good day LS with your daughter, and maybe some rest and a good meal down the both of you made things better?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well around here, you'd be asked if ya was "Snake Bit"?...that sudden "Oh *Hit" moment, is never good...happens in seconds that seems like minutes....and ya ain't in "Control" of nothing....just along fir the "Ride" and sudden Stop. Ya just had to know ya was going to be 1 tire Short of the amount ya had with ya....it always seems that way for me too. I know ya will call the DA, cause a call is worth saving $170. It is a "Bite", if ya have to pay it....but, ya don't need extra "Distractions" keeping ya from moving forward. I hope ya aren't going to be looking for a new insurance carrier...alot will send out "Drop Notices" after claims.
Sure glad you all made it thru it, for sure...with minimal damage. Starting to look more like a Farm truck now, huh?

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope you had a good day LS with your daughter, and maybe some rest and a good meal down the both of you made things better?

I can't speak for the day LS had. However, we were able to visit with him and his daughter today. She's a lovely, sweet young lady.

We were able to see the damage to his truck, which involves the entire left side, of the truck, to varying degrees. The left headlight was smashed pretty badly, and there were nasty scratches to the paint and plastic parts along the side, and the lense, on the back left tail light was just set in place, as it had been smashed in the accident.

It just blows me away, that an accident, on black ice, could be considered careless driving, especially when he was driving the speed limit, on what appeared to be safe road conditions. I have tried to drive on black ice. First it is impossible to see, and second, once on it, it is impossible to control your vehicle. I'm hoping and praying the District Attorney listens to the voice of reason, when LS calls, to explain what happened, and excuses the unreasonable ticket!!!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good Lord! I can't believe you got a ticket for that, and I certainly would fight that ticket out to the bitter end, even if I had to video appear for it. That's what you pay for insurance for, for accidents. I'm glad all y'all are safe and sound with no people or animal damage.

I hope your ticket gets dismissed, not only for the ticket price, but so your insurance doesn't skyrocket. I had my first accident a year ago and mine went way up (I backed into a car in a parking lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts