Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It does get pretty sizeable, for sure....hope ya enjoy it. We even have it growing over on the ditch bank, because Mom kept trying to thin it out, would dig it up and throw towards the ditch....it is still growing over there....:)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Bay would take all the mud you can carry since she lives on "beach front" property... all sand! Although she has a really nice gig going right now with some tree trimmers who are giving her all the gorgeous chipped tree/mulch a body could ask for! As for DevonViolet and myself, I think we have plenty of mud already and really don't need any more, but thanks for the offer! ;) just had a pack of coyotes light off over across the street...

Thanks to all I got to visit with today. The pleasure was all mine!

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you all did OK with that accident!

Sorry about all the road troubles.

That garlic looks delicious!! :drool

We have a 22 year old goose. She gave us a few eggs a couple years ago that weighed in at 16 oz each!!! They were literally double the size of the other geese eggs. Even my big kid that eats 3 times what an adult can, couldn't finish one soft boiled Abby egg! They weren't as firm as the duck eggs, but a bit firmer than our chicken eggs. Yolks were beautiful! We stopped losing chickens to hawks once I got several geese....they alert so the chickens duck n cover, then the geese make a ruckus and run off other predatory type creatures. Years ago, some geese we gave to my uncle also saved their chickens from a fox, tore some fur and skin off the offending animal and alerted them to the problem in time to save the rest of their flock. Also, I hear more burglars are afraid of geese than of dogs....Mine are guarding the front yard as we speak! :thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.