Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like you on your way east :) Certainly is exciting and to have someone come along and buy your place like this is almost unheard of. Hope it all works out for you...I could send you some goats. :)

ldawntaylor

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Can't resist, I have to add my two cents. You could always do what my cousin does and let them be free range. Of course, then you have to be prepared for the damage they can do.

A few years ago my insurance had to pay almost $2000 to get my car repaired. It was almost totaled when that cousin's goats decided (in the words of some other cousins) "to make a nest on top of the car". My Mom said the goats had been dancing on the car. Unfortunately the cousin resisted paying anything since the damage was "hardly noticable". Personally I got tired of being asked "what happened" while I was waiting for things to be resolved.

Needless to say, my goats are fenced in. And there haven't been any escape attempts. So they must be reasonably content.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Ummmm... naaaaa... I think I'll keep them contained :D But thanks for the suggestion!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow! this is great, things just fall into place when they are supposed to. You are getting a sweet deal on your home, hope you get just as good of a deal on the place you are buying. Sure wish we could detour you to Texas, but follow your dream where ever it leads you!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Somehow I missed this thread until this morning but I'm super happy that things are working out for you. Also glad you were able to confirm that the lady couldn't work things out also. You didn't owe her anything but it's also one of those things that you don't like to have on your mind.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
We've been having off and on T-storms since last night. I can always tell one is approaching, not because of the thunder or lightning but because I have a Golden Retriever that is petrified of them and has a complete nervous break down when she hears thunder that I haven't even heard yet. So, she wakes me up this morning pacing and panting and pawing the bed, and then I hear rain on the roof and sure enough hear thunder.

After a while, there's no way I can get back to sleep so I get out of bed, get some clothes on and open the back slider and whistle for Mel... Ended up it wasn't rain but small hail, pea sized or less, about an inch or so deep. Here he comes jogging around the side of the house looking like he's coated with snow. Before I can stop him he comes in and shakes off all over the living room carpeting. <sigh> The joys of dog ownership. Went around the side of the house to see where he'd been laying and couldn't ID the spot right off, but it's pretty obvious thunder doesn't bother him... nor does a little hail.

On a less happy note, I've now talked with the potential buyer's RE friend who's writing the contract for him and he starts talking about how the guy had been up on my roof and the roof has hail damage and am I going to get w/my insurance to get that repaired before closing, and the gutters need replacing and we're closing at a different date than we agreed to, and I'd be turning over possession at the end of June, right? ... blah, blah blah.

I asked him if he had the right seller as none of that was anything that the buyer and I had discussed and he had NOT been up on my roof, etc. That the agreement had been for 4 months, not 6 weeks of free rent (when he'd said I could stay as long as I'd like and I had said 6 months, then lowered it to 4, which he agreed to).

So then I ask what the buyer is intending for earnest money and he said he didn't know so I suggested 5K and he could make the check payable to me... The RE says he was going to make it payable to the title company, to which I replied what good does that do me if he breaks the contract? He's selecting his title company! I later talked with the potential buyer and asked him what is he doing? and what happened to everything we'd supposedly agreed on and that "everything is fine"? I told him that I had another buyer and had agreed to sell to him based on what we had agreed to and shook hands on and if he's gonna start this crap, I don't HAVE to sell to him...

I'm really beginning to wonder if this guy is going to try to play more games, and if I shouldn't just walk away from him and find another buyer. I was really anticipating a stress free sale based on everything we had talked about, right up until I spoke with his RE friend. This guy doesn't know I am not a beginner at real estate and have owned rentals before as well as working in the mortgage industry for almost 10 years. Anyway, I told the RE guy to do up the contract and send it to me and if I had any questions I'd take it to a lawyer or a RE friend that I have to review it. The RE was supposed to be Emailing me the signed contract as of yesterday afternoon... I haven't received it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.