Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Maybe links don't work real well on phones... it's 24HP. The thing is a beast! I got a 10% discount for being ex military, should have gotten 5% for using the Lowes credit card and paying it off in 30 days, but it only gave me the one discount. It basically paid the sales tax for me. I also bought the 3 year service plan for it. Total was a little over $2,100.00.

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
All you folks in the SE states, I hope you're prepared for the storms moving east. @CntryBoy777 looks like you're gonna get them before dawn and it looks like the band runs from about TN all the way south to the gulf, so just about everyone else in the SE is gonna feel them at some point over the next few days. All the serious weather stayed pretty well south of me here, but we had one heck of a lightning show and some pretty hard rain. I guess there's a chance that we'll see more here tomorrow and later into mid next week.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
The rain started here about two minutes after we got in the driveway with our chickens this afternoon and before we had a chance to finish getting their coops ready so that got done in the rain. :)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yay! Tomorrow is the BYH day!! Nothing more fun than a BYH get-together!!!!

Nice mower LS! If we had grass, we'd get one too, but we have sand and sheep......DH wants a mower so bad, but I ask him WHY? So he can make sand clouds??

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So after getting beat up from riding the tractor over uneven ground for two days, here's the results:
2017-3-26 front 1.JPG

2017-3-26 front 2.JPG

2017-3-26 rear 1 (1).JPG

2017-3-26 rear 2.JPG

Now I need to pull out the push mower and mow inside the fence... my yard :confused: Not happening today though... I need a R&R day.

You know, I'm finding all these pustuals on my arms from fire ant bites. Never felt the bites when they were happening. I guess they're from ants that got blown out by the mower then back onto me from the wind. It's OK, they go well with all the scratches from dragging those green thorn vines down out of the trees while mowing close to the tree clumps. There are a few scratches from tree branches as well. Since it's the first time I've mowed the pastures I now know all the other work I have to do before next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.