Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like that one babs.

Several years ago we got the $99 one from TSC but found out the hard way that the thin ply tires weren't meant for carrying any weight.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That one doesn't look real handy for pulling behind a garden tractor @babsbag . I use mine a lot @Latestarter. Good for moving firewood from the little barn up to the house, bringing cut wood from downed trees at the edge of the field up to the little barn, carting tools (as you suggested) - quite helpful when putting in fence since those holes seem to require quite a number of tools at my place, moving 'paca poo and compost.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have one of those dump carts too. We have used the snot out of that thing! I love to use it for everything. I found ours on CL, it was used once for mulch and that's it. It was almost brand new, but I got it for half the price :cool: We are close to what I call "hippy central" and "yuppyville" so you come across all kinds of equipment that was used ONCE and then left to sit in someone's garage.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I got the $99 one as well Mike https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/groundwork-trailing-dump-cart-750-lb-10-cu-ft-capacity
Tried to upload pics but can't for some reason. :idunno Even saving the images and then trying (vice copy/paste from site)... Anyway, it's the 10 cubic foot one and it is thin metal and pretty "flimsy" compared to the heavier plastic one (like Babs linked). I thought about getting the larger one but figured it's being pulled by a lawn tractor, not an ATV, and between my weight and the additional up to 1500 pounds of the larger cart and contents, might prove too much for the machine. o_O

I looked at those tires as well Mike and determined if push comes to shove I'll replace them with solid rubber tires like those you can purchase at Lowes/Home Depot to replace wheel barrow tires. I really don't expect to be carrying too much weight in it in any case, so hopefully it will work fine. If I need to carry a lot of weight, I'll just use my truck bed. And I have driven the truck up to downed trees to load up with fire wood as I cut it. Even with muddy pastures it's not an issue with 4 wheel drive (so far). But I really try hard not to tear them up if wet.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@babsbag, major sorry on the lack of copper and selenium info for the New Country Organics. I would have sworn the tag stated the amount. Regardless, I have emailed the company and will post their reply here when I get it.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is really good on the copper. Zinc I have no idea as my mineral lists it as a percentage; Potassium isn't listed at all but selenium is 50 ppm so quite a bit higher. I think I am going to bite the bullet and order some individual loose minerals and see how they like them. I they won't touch them maybe I can add them to the ones they do like and up the copper and selenium that way.

@Bruce this is what the company says about the gorilla cart.
"The patented 2-in-1 convertible handle allows the cart to be towed behind a lawn tractor/ATV or easily pulled by hand."

No way am I buying a cart that can haul 1500 lbs and pull it by hand when it is at capacity.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can get quite a variety of tires at TSC as well. I got a couple of small ones for the alpaca stand I built.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
First, I'd like to wish all my friends & acquaintances (& anyone else who reads this) here at BYH a really happy Thanksgiving. I hope y'all can share your day with family &/or friends and find something in your past/present to be thankful for.

Status
Not open for further replies.