Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our high today is 21° and a low of 9 tonite....windchills at 0 or below....we have 2.25" of snow here and possibly more on Friday.....and here I've been telling people for years that I lived in the South....guess it isn't far Enough south....:)
I'd wait on that burn pile til the melting starts and calmer winds, then light it up, any embers that may blow away from it certainly won't be of any issue.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
we have a doe who is in the middle of the pecking order and likes to boss around those lower in the herd but bawls her head off when one of the herd queens(Rio and Melanie) get after her.

hope the weather for all of you doesn't get much worse, we currently have 20* and sunshine. I know we had at least 4 inches of snow yesterday afternoon(waiting to see what the final amount is through last night) Stay safe!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our high today is 21° and a low of 9 tonite....windchills at 0 or below....we have 2.25" of snow here and possibly more on Friday.....and here I've been telling people for years that I lived in the South....guess it isn't far Enough south....:)
I'd wait on that burn pile til the melting starts and calmer winds, then light it up, any embers that may blow away from it certainly won't be of any issue.
You are too FAR south @CntryBoy777! Our high today is supposed to be 24°F and the low over night 18°F, windchill 13°F. Supposed to be colder tomorrow night, 13°F true, windchill -2°F. We have about 4" of snow, hard to tell though with all the wind blow.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sheep all get a long with each other, no bullies.....jus' sayin'..... ;)

It is cold out there. We got 2" of snow. Don't worry, LS, it will be gone in a couple of days.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Making sure the new one understands the pecking order is different than being a bully..I expect a little 'establishing order' thing to happen, even if i combine smaller numbers from different pastures into one group, but won't tolerate one being a bully every dang day.
OTOH, I have one, that lets every single cow I have push her around. Her days are numbered, just as soon as her calf gets a little bigger.
I won't keep bullies and won't keep thin skinned snowflakes either.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
As I said, after she kids, I think she's gonna be gone. When I confine her away from the others, they all get along just fine without her. Depending, I may bottle feed her kids from Dot's milk, depending on how many kids she has, and eliminate her earlier rather than later. Will see... Maybe it's a pregnant hormonal thing... :hu

So there's a spot down back that I can't really see clearly from the house/back porch. So I'm down in the pen feeding the goats and Mel starts barking and looking down back. I see what appears to be a stump sticking up where there is no stump. Well, after a bit, said stump gets up and stretches fore and aft then saunters off into the back woods. :rant:somad Another coyote! Guess he was out there trying to soak up some radiant heating from the sun before it set.

Got all the way up to 27 degrees here today. Anticipating the possibility of single digits tonight and may not make it above freezing tomorrow either. Tomorrow night is also supposed to be down in the teens, but after that I guess we start a warm up. Forecast for rain and 50's/60s by Saturday. Hope I don't freeze/break any plumbing pipes :fl

Hope everyone else is staying warm out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts