Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I still have geysers coming up out of the ground where the water has filled vole/mole tunnels and run down hill.
Should make for a lot fewer voles in the field this summer ;)

We have folks out for a regular Friday-night thing and I had to go stand at the end of the driveway with a blinky light because they couldn't find it in the dark and fog.
Perhaps you need to put a bell buoy down there.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
We hadn’t gotten the rain gauge back out yet...I wish we would’ve to track the rain but it probably wouldn’t have gotten put up before the next freeze and been ruined. :hu

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've been forecast to get part of the wetness that ya'll north of me have gotten - don't know how we got so lucky to get out with probably not more than an inch over the last week or so. But as wet as we already were we're still wet and mucky to the point that I think we may never dry out....

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Picked up a final 3/4" this afternoon as the last blast went through. I think that put me right at 7"... maybe a bit more or less.

ETA: Looks like the back of the front is about to finish up on Fred in the next hour or two and the front edge is about to slam into Mike very soon. Lookin' like Mike's gonna get "trained" He may catch up to our rain totals.

Last edited:

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pouring here and wind has again turned out of the north. This stuff is all coming out of extreme SE Texas and maybe a bit from Northern Mexico....my regional radar shows it to be a continuous train from the Rio Grande to the upper Sabine, but the bigger picture shows we're sending it all the way up to New England.
Greetings from Texas. Don't say we never gave ya nothin.
It's just moisture folks..a bit of water. Now, if in your infinite wisdom, you choose to turn it into snow, sleet, and ice, don't blame us. It was just liq sunshine when it left here.....

txtrain.jpg

https://www.wunderground.com/wunder...0Q&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=0&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, we started getting "your front" last night. Pouring down rain about 7-7:30. Then another downpour about 9-9:30. I was at a barn testing cows and it was so loud on the tin roof you couldn't hear yourself talk. Then it let up some but has been raining quite steadily since about 5 this morning.

We needed rain/moisture. And we are trying to be thankful for it. But all that on top of the frozen ground turned into mud, then it thawed and it turned into mud, then we had a little spell of just mostly clouds and a breeze so it was actually getting to where we could get around in some places. Mud is 2 ft deep going through gateways and all to feed but there were some drier spots in the fields. Now, all bets are off. I didn't put out the rain gauge because I would be the one to forget it, but I did set upright several buckets so will see what they have later. It is supposed to be out of here by noon. It has been raining pretty steady and it looks just like a small watery covering on the fields where it is not actually running off in little streams.

Could we please put in an order for a little of this to wait and come in like July or August????? Pretty please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.