Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
New type of sweat pants??

You don't have any gorilla tape? ;) Actually I need to break mine out. My old rubber winter boots have open cracks, get wet feet. Local farm store won't have replacements for a couple of weeks.

:lol: new sweat pants, LS style

Those gorilla tapes are supposed to fix anything...I've never used it. Or he can get those Flex Seal tapes. ;)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Nah... I'll splurge and spend another $11.00 for a new pair that will last me another couple months. When I came in I peeled off the wet T-shirt and pants, cleaned up, dried off, and enjoyed the AC :cool:

Oh, I won't do a 1 for 1 swap on the feed... I'll absolutely do a mix as I swap them over. As I said, I have enough Dumor to last me till the weekend. The change over will probably involve a bag of each mixed 25:75, then 50:50, 75:25, then the new feed, over a 3-4 day period. Since they get pellets twice a day, that should give enough time to adjust I think.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
bsolutely do a mix as I swap them over. As I said, I have enough Dumor to last me till the weekend. The change over will probably involve a bag of each mixed 25:75, then 50:50, 75:25, then the new feed, over a 3-4 day period. Since they get pellets twice a day, that should give enough time to adjust I think.
Good plan!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
The feed store didn't call yesterday so I called them this morning and the feed was there. The man that answered said he had asked the lady to call me yesterday to let me know. No biggie. Went and picked it up and it turns out they ship in bag counts of 12 so I paid for the extra 2 and now have 15 bags of feed in my out bldg. 3 Dumor and 12 MFM Will start mixing them the next time I open a Dumor bag. Probably Sunday morning. The julian date on the bag is 269, meaning this feed was bagged on Sept 26th. Can't complain about this feed being stale. Here's a label compare:
goat feed comparison.jpg

Love that this feed has higher protein, lower fiber, double the fat, and just looks like a much better quality feed (from my limited knowledge of what to look for) for 1/3 less cost. :clap:thumbsup:D

My hay guy has the mix hay orchard/alfalfa, and I'll be headed out his way this evening to pick up 12 bales. $13.50 per. Gotta buy a new cheap tarp to put on the floor under the pallets in the outbldg... Should make it easier to clean between hay loads if keeping it inside works. I have 2 basically brand new pallets that are clean/never been used for dirty uses that I'll put on the tarp to hold the hay. These are the pallets I got to make a milk stand out of. I'll go cruise the place I got them and get another.

I've also decided that I do NOT like hay feeders and will continue to tear up flakes into their feed buckets after their pellets twice a day. Virtually no waste, even with the alfalfa, and with what I'm paying for hay, I need that hay to not rot on the ground. :rant

Status
Not open for further replies.