Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is really looking Great there Joe!!....:thumbsup.....glad the pain has subsided some for ya....sure hope ya can get the much needed rest.....it'll take them a couple of days to figure out who gets what area and settle down some....glad the rain held off enough for ya to get almost done with it and it is a shame that the one piece had the defects in it.....it happens quite often to me, too....:)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Remember Pearl Harbor day. Not many military folks from that time period are still with us.

Man... It is a perfectly @Sheepshape kinda day here ;). 44°f (6.6°c), gray, cloudy, drizzly, cold, damp... Just the kinda day to sit by the/a fire with a good book, and a nice hot drink. Looked at the radar and we have a LOT more rain headed this way. It's going to be one laid back, stay inside kinda day. I don't have my wood stove fired up as it's not cold enough and it would get too hot inside. Left wrist/hand is really aggravating me since last night. Pretty much locked up. Gonna use the recliner and keep ice packs on it today and hopefully that will relieve the heat/pain/pressure

It was misting at feeding time this morning so I fed the goats their pellets inside the shack once again. It was funny as the time approached... I'd see several of them step out and look around the corner at the house to see if I was coming, yell at me to hurry up, then turn and jump back inside. :lol: Went much better this time as they realized what was happening and how to deal with it. Had to sweep it out first though. It's amazing how many poop berries 10 goats can produce in 12-18 hours! :ep Right now I've been just giving them a good push with the broom, out the doorways. Already know that's gonna be a no go sooner rather than later. Elsewise I'm going to have "poop" hills/ramps up to the entrances. I think I'll look for a cheap (or used) wheel barrow that I can leave out there and sweep out the door into that, then transport to the compost pile. I don't want to have to keep bringing my good barrow in and out every time I need it, which it now appears will be relatively frequently.

Since the mist had temporarily stopped when they were done with their pellets, I fed them their hay outside. Of course 1/2 way through that, it started raining again.

They all settled down inside last night and slept inside. I didn't see that any got "kicked out" and had to sleep underneath. I think it will be fine and be even smoother once I get the roof finished, the walls completed and the center wall boarded up so they will only have one 4' opening to move between either side, which I can block if I want/need to.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I'm going to seal/paint it for sure, after that, I'm not 100% certain. I also expect to paint/seal the inside OSB surface as well. I've also decided that I'm going to Black Jack the floor and up the interior walls ~6" as well. Sadly, this late in the year, it's too cold to do so. I'll have to wait till spring and some warm/dry weather.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know your goats appreciate your hard work. It is looking good, and it will keep them dry.

We scraped down to dirt, under the sheep shelter in expectation of lambs and put down pine shavings.

Kick back, get something hot to drink and let it rain!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, today is Pearl Harbor Day. My Daddy was in the navy 8 years, before, during and after WW2. It's my brother's birthday too, he was a Vietnam veteran and has been gone for 5-6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts