Latestarter's ramblings/musings/gripes and grumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
awww, joe, i'm sorry you're still having so much pain. please believe me in that if you use the oxy like prescribed you will NOT get addicted to it. if you continue to take it after the pain is better but you like the way it makes your head feel then yup, chances are that you will. I know you're doing the best you can and this will get better. patience, you didn't get this way over night and you won't be able to fix it quickly either. if there is anything I can do to help you please call me.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm going to chime in on the pain meds. The whole thing that @B&B Happy goats is trying to get through to you is true. When the body goes on overload with the pain, it is TWICE as hard to get the level down. You need to stay ahead of it, rather than try to play catch up. Once you get some relief, then you can take less, or less often.... but if you get to the point of hurting so bad you can't move, then it defeats the whole purpose and you will not even get the relief you need then. I know, I live with it with my ankle and knee. And I do take something, BEFORE it gets past the point of no return, so I can function. Problem is they don't work very good on me anyway. Drs. have said they never saw anyone who could function, with the pain levels I had, and not get any relief from strong pain pills. It is like I tell them.... I may as well take M & M's as some of what they have given me. But I still try to stay ahead as best as I can, and have sorta worked out a system that helps to some degree. Be careful of too much over the counter stuff. I get terrible reaction to "tylenol" and Ibuprophens" in the form of rapid heartbeats. Feels like I am going to have a heart attack... my heart gets to pounding and scared the bejesus out of me. When I stopped everything, then tried adding back, it was the high dosages of the over the counter stuff. SUCKS BIG TIME.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
haha, I get that @farmerjan. You and I have had some conversations on our wore out knees. I take nothing for it. Suck it up buttercup. I used to have a good gait, now I limp, lurch from side to side like a drunk. Waiting on Medicare, bring on the birthdays! But I don't think I am in the same league as LS. He has some super serious pain issues.

And Joe, I concur and agree with what has been said on the painkiller. Take the durn things and get some relief. Get the pain down to a dull roar, so you can manage it.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It also occurred to me that there is something else going on as has been suggested by @Mini Horses . I am thinking maybe an allergic type reaction to something you have been exposed to... ie: the suggestion of mold or something. Or something you ate? Or god forbid, LUPUS? I think whenever they can get you in you need to get very insistent that they run a test for that and gout (which you already have had some issues with?) ..... It sounds more like a reaction of your body to something that you have recently been exposed to. Maybe it has triggered something dormant, or aggravated something.
I am really sorry that you are hurting that bad. It is not fun.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@greybeard : Thanks for thinking of that. It should have occurred to me because my mother had it and battled it for years. My son also had (has) it . They say you never get completely over it. I know he has flareups and had days when he ached and felt just crummy. Yes, @Latestarter you definitely need to be tested for Lyme as @greybeard suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.