LatestartersDaughter 's Journal

LatestartersDaughter

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Today was not the best day emotionally. Definitely had its ups and downs. Saying goodbye to Mel was sooo hard. It did end on a better note. I found more pictures which always make me happy! So I thought I would share a few here. We've got my dad taking the first selfie ever in the early 80's looking all modelesque. Not sure where the second one was but he was on deployment. The third one he was on Midway Island with a gooney bird. I needed the smile so much!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1551680164751.jpg
    FB_IMG_1551680164751.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 200
  • FB_IMG_1551680152937.jpg
    FB_IMG_1551680152937.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 180
  • FB_IMG_1551680141462.jpg
    FB_IMG_1551680141462.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 213

LatestartersDaughter

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and follow in my father's footsteps here. My brother was shown by @Devonviolet how to give the goats their shots. He had all of them done himself last night except the three males. I went out there if he needed help because RJ has an attitude problem. It was very muddy. Neither of us had proper footwear. It was almost dark. I am clueless about this stuff. My brother only has a couple more clues than me. Surprisingly, RJ lets him give him the shot. Next goat, not happy, but gets his shot. Now it's Beast's turn. Beast ain't stupid, he saw what happened to the other two. Joey tries enticing him over, nothing. Tried to corner him and ends up sliding in the mud but somehow not falling. Next, I get animal crackers, his favorite. He won't go near us. I'm trying hard not to go in the pen because all i can picture is myself falling face first in the mud. So I enter...and realize RJ is huge and wants to be beside me while we catch Beast. Pretty sure I looked like a baby trying to walk when I was chasing Beast. Finally he ran behind their shelter so we boxed him in. The other male slipped in and they both bolted at me, I panicked and did nothing to grab him. We get him back there again and he slips past Joey. We get him back there again and Joey grabs him! That goat is making noises like we are killing him. Joey leans down to put the needle in and he escapes! Takes a few minutes but we get him cornered again, Joey catches him and is able to give him his shot. The fact that neither of us fell is a minor miracle. At least we shouldn't have to do that again. Our dad would have had tears in his eyes laughing at us.

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Miss Brandy,

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and telling us of the goat roundup! That was so funny! I am glad you and Joey didn't fall and get too muddy. Please post more of your adventures. We all welcome you to BYH and will show the love to you and Joey the way your dad did to you and to us here at BYH.

Senile Texas Aggie

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pics!!.....and the story about the goats...the 2nd pic was taken near Jerusalem....
Yes, without doubt. the Old City, Temple Mount, and Dome of the Rock mosque is in the background.
An ancient area, with the wall around the old city dating back to the earliest pat of the Ottoman Empire.

LatestartersDaughter

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Tomorrow I go home. Even though I'll be back next month, I hate leaving dad's house, it is such a comfort. I can't help but worry about his goats knowing how much he cared for them. Thank you everyone for all your support, otherwise I'd probably be more of an emotional wreck!