Let's play guess how many - they're here! puppies

How many puppies do you think she will have?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 7.7%

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 2 15.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to guess 8 - but sometimes you never know. I've stood side by side with a veterinarian and his technician while working at a vet clinic...and watched them debate over how many puppies were expected, and I think they actually had one more than they counted.
;)

Last edited:

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry...you cannot be gone for Thanksgiving if she hasn't whelped yet :D Animals can have the worst timing ever but praying that she goes earlier than that for her sake...and yours. ;)

My LGD got bred back to back heats and actually did really well. Never ideal of course but if she is well taken care of (I know she will be) and healthy they can handle it. We had big litters too but I just kept mom well fed and started the pups on feed at 3-4 weeks to take some of the nursing pressure off of mom.

Big difference from the 3 or 4 little mini pups to a big bunch of BIG pups; you will have your hands full.

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I hope you do get to have an enjoyable Thanksgiving, but bravo to you for being willing to stay at her side if need be. It's part of the whole "Animal Mom" job. I know they call it husbandry, but I only know how to be a Mommy. And of course, they're always our babies, aren't they? It may not be that way for everyone, but those who are true farmers at heart know that the well-being of our herds is the most important thing. Do you know that there are cattle farmers in Japan near the reactor meltdown site who are staying with their cattle until they die? They have been declared unfit but these men have made a commitment to the animals, and will not just abandon them. Corporate farming may be heartless, but that's not what any of us are about!:love

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
@sadieml I completely agree with you. And she is our first baby girl. :) Her and Rumely our Pyr/Bernard mix are our first priority after ourselves of course. My husband wouldn't be thrilled but I can't do 3 different thanksgivings with an impending litter due. ALready have people scheduled to be with her 24/7. My mom is a HUGE help in all of this and has offered to come sit with her in between my husband and I's over lapping schedules. :woot She is her Grand baby lol.

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Well, I was putting away an incredibly overwhelming amount of laundry in our bedroom. I may have been slacking with everything we have had to do outside while weather was nice . Now that it's yucky and her birthing area is set up I had time to put it all away. I was placing our duffle bags back into our hard suitcase to protect them from the cat and rumelys chompers when I tried to push the suitcase back and it wouldn't budge. Upon looking under the bed I see Stella peaking out from around it. Somehow she managed to get herself under there. I called her out and pushed it back under so she cannot go under there. She is starting so scope out where to have them so I took a comforter and made a bed up on my side of the bed for her in hopes it will be confined enough for her preferences. Not any signs of labor yet but she's loving on the cats extra and the cats who hate dogs have been loving on her. She's still her normal happy and sassy self as of now lol