Lets put together a sheep first aid kit.

6 sheep & a llama

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Let's. I have Rescue Remedy for animals, arnica ointment, calendula,ointment, Di-Gize (essential oil), apple cider vinegar, clean cloths, and I am going to add garlic barrier, lavender essential oil, calendula tincture, a few other homeopathic remedies, and other stuff as I think of it. What am I missing?

freemotion

Self Sufficient Queen
Reaction score
Hypodermics and pharmaceuticals? :lol: Just kidding. Love your kit.

How about some gauze, some non-latex gloves, and a bottle of saline solution (for contact lens rinsing....makes a great tool to quickly flush a wound or an eye.)

Some bandaging materials, too.

6 sheep & a llama

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I like the saline solution idea. And of course we need syringes (without needles). Maybe it is good we can't think of too much stuff-must mean we have healthy sheep.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe some baking soda or beer? And a drenching tool for bolusing concoctions down their little sheeple throats if need be?

Mineral oil.

Bag Balm...the all purpose ATB ointment for livestock at my place.

promiselandfarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Okay this may sound terrible but maxi pads and vet wrap if something gets after them or they get a nasty cut some how it comes in handy.

aggieterpkatie

The Shepherd
Reaction score
I'd add some betadine, some Blu-Kote, balling gun, kaopectate, probios, activated charcoal, thermometer, stethoscope, a scalpel (never know when you might need one), some antibiotic (if you use them), Hoof-n-Heel or zinc sulfate. That's all I can think of at the moment.

If you're lambing, you'll needs lots more stuff. :p

southdownranch

Just born
Reaction score
my sheep first aid kit contains: betadine, antibiotic ointment, alushield, stethoscope, digital thermometer, surgical scissors, rubbing alcohol (for disinfecting), clear plastic tubing, large syringes (3 cc) with needles, disposible gloves, eye wash, liquid sheep drench.

-lynn