Let's see them goats

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
This is Foxy Gal, a splotchy Nub yearling with a lot of growing up to do...but I love her sweet face / attitude.
FoxyGal909.jpg

Jinx the stinker...she's adorable and follows me everywhere
jinx10082.jpg

Fat Levi....alllll she wants to do is be a pig
Levi09.jpg

My newest Boer x, Lilly...she's Levi's full sister. I bought them a year apart. She's on the chub side, too.
Lilly.jpg

Train, the yearling FB boer I'm using on most of my meat does this year.
Train909.jpg

One of the toggenburgs, post hair cut...she was NOT happy.
IttyBittyafter.jpg

This was one of my first black headed kids born here...she's a tank.
Bre909.jpg

Miss Faith as a baby, she was soooo cute
Faith08.jpg

I'll quit there b/c I have wayyy to many to post pics of them all.

onedozenphyllises

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
()relics said:
onedozenphyllises said:
()relics said:
Ivan is the billy, head down in the middle, he is a fullblood born december of last year...the rest are the doelings that I'm keeping from last years kid crop, january-march born...they are all from the same sire and range from fullbloods to 88%...Ivan is unrelated and a recent addition....they are seperated from the rest of my herd because I didn't want to "overload" Ivan as it is his first breeding season...You can tell from the picture that their rumens are hard at work....they get NO feed concentrate...just grass,hay, and a few pine needles...
Is this a temporary run (as in movable)? If so, how are your panels connected? I'd love to be able to set up some sort of movable daytime run without sinking t-posts. Our goats are not actually major escape artists. As long as they're together, they're content. On the rare occasion that we find them on the wrong side of the fence, they're always standing there yelling for someone to let them back in. So I'm curious to know what you did here.
they are 42"X16' livestock panels that are bent in half and wired together...you can almost see the wire on the closest connection...on the opposite side you can see the connection that is held with a snap clip that acts as a gate...I have been using the pen to clean up some of the more overgrown edges of the property...they stay in it durring the day and go back to the pasture at night...I move it the next morning before they come back out...The way I see it I save the gas money for the tractor to cut the weeds and give the young goats a fresh mixed pasture to graze...AND THEY LOVE IT....these panels are taken appart and brought inside the barn for the winter and used as smaller pens durring kidding season....I do worry about something getting inwith them but so far anything that comes around the dogs have chased away....German shorthaired pointers...Who would have guessed it...the new LGD....yeah right...
Thanks! I think we could do something like that. I wouldn't worry too much about their safety during the day here. I work from home so I'm here most of the time, and I'd keep them within easy "checking on" distance. They'd go back to their barnyard at night. We like to let them loose sometimes when we're outside working. They pretty much stay glued to our sides the whole time, so I'm not worried about them going anywhere. ;-)

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Here are a few of mine
103_0155.jpg

Hearts In Dixie Shoofly Pie 2nd gen
103_0228.jpg

2 1/2 yr old DGS milking Shoofly
105_0312.jpg

Hearts In Dixie Apache(Shooflys daughter, 3rd gen) and Hearts In Dixie Buttermilk Pie (Shoofly's half sister, 3rd gen)
100_1066.jpg

Apache
100_0985.jpg

Heart in Dixie The Incredible JacJac--2nd gen buck at about 5 months
100_0984.jpg

Dream Sum Dymamite and Right, full sized Nubian doe
100_1017.jpg

DGS #3 does love his goaties--Apache and Jac
We have Mini Nubians from Hearts In Dixie --her orginal stock came from Echo Hills Farm--Hearts in Dixie Indian Boy on her buck page is son of Shoofly and out of same litter as Apache.
Just a few pictures of some of the girls and boy(s) :)

crazygoatlady

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I will try Shoofly again
103_0155.jpg

105_0267.jpg

We call her Dixie, I can't get to my book for her registered name--herd name is Simex-Gold out of Dickinson,ND.
100_1035.jpg

Hearts In Dixie White Chocolate Mocha and Shoofly both 2nd gen

Mocha, Shoofly, Buttermilk,Apache and Dyna bred to kid early Sept--well we think Dyna is bred--she is a hard one to tell until about week before she kids--except for blood test. didn't take blood test. :) bred to Jac--which by the way DGS # 3, will be 4 in Oct came to tell me that Jac has no babies, he has to feel for babies every day. 2 of the full sized does aren't bred, will be bred this fall. :)
Mocha doesn't do pictures --they don't do her justice--I think it is her coloring, but she isn't as elegant as the other girls. :)

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh I am so jealous of all your gorgeous goats! I am dying to get goats but we haven't finished the buck fencing so we can't start looking yet.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
Train909.jpg

Train, the yearling FB boer I'm using on most of my meat does this year.
Just out of curiosity...do you supplement with copper?

Could just be the picture, but I notice he's got what looks to be some fading to reddish brown on his hind legs, and his coat maybe looks a little rough down the topline.. Copper is responsible for hair pigmentation, so in a black animal, fading to red can be a sign of copper deficiency..

Can't tell from the picture, but check the hair on the tip of his tail...if it's getting thin, he may be copper deficient.

You may very well already know all this...if so, nevermind.

It's just that copper deficiency is something I've been doing a lot of studying on lately, and with all the fear and subsequent reluctance to provide very much copper to goats, I'm beginning to think there are A LOT of copper deficient goats running around in the US..

Just curious...I don't mean to offend or anything.

I really like that buck, actually. :thumbsup