Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm not positive but I'm fairly certain this is the a and style I lost in my moving around these last few years. I'm at a point now that I need another one.

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07468-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

Tell me which guns do y'all use? Preferences for ink? Preferences for digits in the gun?

Unless I'm applying our Scrapie number, I shouldn't need more than four per. Even then I can just punch twice.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
that looks similar to the one we just purchased. Haven't used it yet but hoping to this weekend- we have both goats and rabbits to tattoo.
We also have a tube of green ink on hand, we use it with our rabbits.

So you tattoo your scrapie number into the ear of any goat(doe/wether) not registrable?

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have a similar set, it's not a stone though. I haven't had an issues with it.

I need another set, I will probably get a stone. Let me know how you like it!

I prefer green ink myself. I think it shows up better.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have one like that but not a stone. I've heard that the stone is better quality.
We use green ink.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have orange ink leftover from rabbits. LOL don't think that would show up very well...

I'm picking up some green ink after this bad boy comes in. The reviews on it seem like it's the one for me.

@Hens and Roos yes any goat leaving us that isn't registered will be tagged with a scrapie number.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have one like that, mine is a Stone and the digits are 3/8" not 5/16". Am I reading the description right? It only comes with numbers? I bought mine used and it came with letters and numbers, but no F which I needed last year. :barnie Fortunately I could borrow one. I think you might need the 3/8" for goats, but I might be wrong too.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have one like that, mine is a Stone and the digits are 3/8" not 5/16". Am I reading the description right? It only comes with numbers? I bought mine used and it came with letters and numbers, but no F which I needed last year. :barnie Fortunately I could borrow one. I think you might need the 3/8" for goats, but I might be wrong too.

I really don' know if mine are 3/8 or 5/16
That's not a large difference.

Latest posts