Letting rabbit into chicken run?

BooksAndChooks

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I would like to start taking my pet rabbit outside a few times a week for some additional exercise and mental stimulation. I was thinking that the easiest way to achieve this would be to let her have some (supervised) play time in the chicken run, while the chickens are free ranging elsewhere. Any reason not to do this? Or anything to watch out for? Any advice welcome!

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I would like to start taking my pet rabbit outside a few times a week for some additional exercise and mental stimulation. I was thinking that the easiest way to achieve this would be to let her have some (supervised) play time in the chicken run, while the chickens are free ranging elsewhere. Any reason not to do this? Or anything to watch out for? Any advice welcome!

She’ll likely get very dirty, and I always worry about crossing my birds and rabbits for respiratory reasons or internal parasites. But my pet rabbits were always spoiled and overprotected.