1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. A Thief has been caught!!! - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

LF’s (little fella) new life in Vegas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SonOfALateStarter, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Mar 14, 2019
    SonOfALateStarter

SonOfALateStarter Chillin' with the herd

58FACA33-DF2A-461C-9228-3C2DA9F133F8.jpeg 40439E6C-3EA9-4F01-8E7E-0F8B69FBACB1.jpeg B3EF0498-D573-4EEF-95C1-BBA26EE022B2.jpeg D6D469C2-5348-4AD3-A73D-41DD6BCBBC08.jpeg after a week of adjustment period elf has
    Made himself at home. He enjoys toking with me and Callie. I hope to keep this updated but has taken me this long to figure out how to do just this. He is slightly aggressive over his possessions and has had one altercation with midnight which was admittedly my fault I didn’t pick up elfs bowl when I moved the divider gate. No injuries this time and wasn’t near as bad either as last time over a bone.

Rammy, Mike CHS, promiseacres and 4 others like this.
  2. Mar 14, 2019
    B&B Happy goats

B&B Happy goats Herd Master Golden Herd Member

So happy to SEE you and Elf :clap....i have been wondering how you were doing and how your trip home was,....happy that Elf is settling in with your family....Mel is doing very well and pretty much rules the roost here... please keep posting and in touch with your BYH family :love to you and yours, barb & Mel

3. Mar 14, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

Elf certainly looks happy. He is such a sweet loving dog. I am glad that you were able to take him home. Dog dynamics. They have to figure out ranking in the pack.

We had 3 horses. We got another horse and it screwed them all up. They kicked, bit and threw fits at each other. The lead mare laid her ears back and ran at the new mare. The new mare wanted to eat from the other's feed tubs and THAT wasn't going to happen. After weeks of squabbles, they are figuring it out.

Chickens peck each other. The bottom of the flock chicken gets pecked by all the others. The top chicken doesn't get pecked. That's where the saying "pecking order" comes from.

Elf and your other two dogs just have to figure out pecking order. ;)

4. Mar 14, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

So glad Elf got to go home with you. He will find his place in the pack.

5. Mar 16, 2019
    SonOfALateStarter

SonOfALateStarter Chillin' with the herd

He has found his spot I think in between Callie and midnight. Callie as usual lays at my feet when I smoke and elf as grown accustom to join in politely as can be. C01C01D8-0964-4E05-9D49-C65D24C30668.jpeg

Rammy, Finnie, Mike CHS and 3 others like this.
  6. Mar 16, 2019
    Devonviolet

Devonviolet Herd Master

So glad to see LF settling in at his new home. :celebrate He looks very happy!!! :D

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Rammy and SonOfALateStarter like this.
  7. Mar 17, 2019
    Wehner Homestead

Wehner Homestead Herd Master

Glad LF is settling in. It’s been an adjustment for him and Mel but I think both have ended up with awesome homes!

Rammy and Devonviolet like this.
  8. Mar 19, 2019
    Finnie

Finnie Loving the herd life

I love it when dogs are comfortable enough to lay down with each other. So good natured!

Devonviolet likes this.
  9. Mar 19, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

Looks to be going well for everyone. Little squabbles happen but, all survived. We love having you join us and share life. :)