1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. BYH Featured Thread: Growing horn pain/itching?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 2017 BYC Calendar SUPER SALE!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

LGD Puppies due in August

Discussion in 'Livestock Guardians' started by secuono, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Jul 14, 2016
    secuono

secuono Herd Master

I feel like I haven't told this forum or anyone yet, maybe I have, I'm not sure, my memory is lousy. =/

Anyway!!

My miss woofer is due to have her puppies some time during my birthday week. Due the week of August 14th, plus or minus a couple days.

They don't eat much during the heat of the day or at all really, since they're adults. Had to move their feed pans into the barn and fence off the sheep. Have a couple ewes who have a thing for dog kibble! =/ Been giving extra treats, bones and other things to make sure she's eating and mr woofer gets some too, since he'll be all sad otherwise. He's been extra barky lately as well, while she's been lounging around like a slug until there's more proof of a predator, if that makes any sense.

I'm trying to figure out a good place for her and the pups. I know she'll try to have them as close to the house as possible, but that also means closer to the road and there are too many possible hellish situations that could happen from that.

Can't wait to see what she has! The dad has color on his side, mom has black/white or just solid white that I know of. Still planning on keeping one, just no idea which gender yet.

Really hope I can find them all perfect loving homes.

Some of these are newer pics or ones not previously posted of the proud woofers.
    Screenshot_2016-07-14-21-10-55.png Screenshot_2016-07-14-21-11-05.png Screenshot_2016-07-14-21-09-03.png 2016-07-14 21.22.13.png 2016-07-14 21.23.42.jpg 2016-07-14 21.25.07.jpg 2016-07-14 21.26.03.jpg 2016-07-14 21.27.06.jpg 2016-07-14 21.27.20.jpg 2016-07-14 21.29.24.jpg

samssimonsays, TAH, Baymule and 2 others like this.
  2. Jul 14, 2016
    secuono

secuono Herd Master

3. Jul 14, 2016
    Shorty

Shorty Loving the herd life

Yay puppies!! :pop

secuono likes this.
  4. Jul 14, 2016
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Moderator

They sure were keeping a close eye on that sheep eating tractor and baler :lol: Both are pretty dogs, so I'd expect pretty pups :love An advanced/preemptive Happy Birthday to you as I'll most likely miss it otherwise. Couple of those shots had some real nice views of your "about to be" farm expansion. Few years and you'll be looking down from way up there. I can't recall... are both pups registered? and what size/weight are they? Looking fwd to puppy pics! :caf:pop

secuono likes this.
  5. Jul 14, 2016
    Southern by choice

Southern by choice Herd Master

Congratulations! :thumbsup

With all the land ( hopefully that is still happening... need to catch up and see where all that is) you will need MANY more dogs!

secuono and TAH like this.
  6. Jul 14, 2016
    OneFineAcre

OneFineAcre Herd Master

Good luck
    We had a litter earlier
    I think they will be 19 weeks old Sat
    We planned to keep one but ended up with 2
    I wanted a male and Raxhel named one of the females when she was like a day old :)
    Last one went to their new home a week ago so Bella and Rosevelt are learning some manners from the bucks
    It was a very quick lesson they are fast learners

7. Jul 14, 2016
    secuono

secuono Herd Master

We sign the papers tomorrow, on DH's birthday.

My birthday is August 15th.

Mother is a Maremma/Great Pyrenees cross. Father is pure Great Pyrenees, but not registered. Mr is still filling out and getting more perfect every day. He started out excellent and has only gotten better. He's actually a better dog than my girl, but that's a bit my fault, raised her by the house, spent a ton of time with her, etc. But she's still wonderful, even with her extra love of living on my lap. ♡ But all the critters here love me a bit too much, lol.

Neither has ever roamed or shown interest in leaving, which is a huge issue most seem to have with GPs. Barking is only when there is something or some smell around that is not quite right.

Momma is around the 110 mark. Male still filling in, so I need to somehow get his current weight. Only have a bathroom scale to use and 10 seconds of energy to be able to lift him to get a weight, lol.

Latestarter and Alexz7272 like this.
  8. Jul 14, 2016
    Ferguson K

Ferguson K Herd Master

Really excited to see this litter.

secuono likes this.
  9. Jul 14, 2016
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

You and your husband are both getting good birthday presents!

Dage and secuono like this.
  10. Jul 16, 2016
    TAH

TAH Herd Master

:pop
    I am definitely comin along!!:)

secuono likes this.