LGD Puppies due in August

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I feel like I haven't told this forum or anyone yet, maybe I have, I'm not sure, my memory is lousy. =/

Anyway!!

My miss woofer is due to have her puppies some time during my birthday week. Due the week of August 14th, plus or minus a couple days.

They don't eat much during the heat of the day or at all really, since they're adults. Had to move their feed pans into the barn and fence off the sheep. Have a couple ewes who have a thing for dog kibble! =/ Been giving extra treats, bones and other things to make sure she's eating and mr woofer gets some too, since he'll be all sad otherwise. He's been extra barky lately as well, while she's been lounging around like a slug until there's more proof of a predator, if that makes any sense.

I'm trying to figure out a good place for her and the pups. I know she'll try to have them as close to the house as possible, but that also means closer to the road and there are too many possible hellish situations that could happen from that.

Can't wait to see what she has! The dad has color on his side, mom has black/white or just solid white that I know of. Still planning on keeping one, just no idea which gender yet.

Really hope I can find them all perfect loving homes.

Some of these are newer pics or ones not previously posted of the proud woofers.
Screenshot_2016-07-14-21-10-55.png
Screenshot_2016-07-14-21-11-05.png
Screenshot_2016-07-14-21-09-03.png
2016-07-14 21.22.13.png
2016-07-14 21.23.42.jpg
2016-07-14 21.25.07.jpg
2016-07-14 21.26.03.jpg
2016-07-14 21.27.06.jpg
2016-07-14 21.27.20.jpg
2016-07-14 21.29.24.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
They sure were keeping a close eye on that sheep eating tractor and baler :lol: Both are pretty dogs, so I'd expect pretty pups :love An advanced/preemptive Happy Birthday to you as I'll most likely miss it otherwise. Couple of those shots had some real nice views of your "about to be" farm expansion. Few years and you'll be looking down from way up there. I can't recall... are both pups registered? and what size/weight are they? Looking fwd to puppy pics! :caf:pop

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good luck
We had a litter earlier
I think they will be 19 weeks old Sat
We planned to keep one but ended up with 2
I wanted a male and Raxhel named one of the females when she was like a day old :)
Last one went to their new home a week ago so Bella and Rosevelt are learning some manners from the bucks
It was a very quick lesson they are fast learners

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
We sign the papers tomorrow, on DH's birthday.

My birthday is August 15th.

Mother is a Maremma/Great Pyrenees cross. Father is pure Great Pyrenees, but not registered. Mr is still filling out and getting more perfect every day. He started out excellent and has only gotten better. He's actually a better dog than my girl, but that's a bit my fault, raised her by the house, spent a ton of time with her, etc. But she's still wonderful, even with her extra love of living on my lap. ♡ But all the critters here love me a bit too much, lol.

Neither has ever roamed or shown interest in leaving, which is a huge issue most seem to have with GPs. Barking is only when there is something or some smell around that is not quite right.

Momma is around the 110 mark. Male still filling in, so I need to somehow get his current weight. Only have a bathroom scale to use and 10 seconds of energy to be able to lift him to get a weight, lol.