LGD Puppies due in August

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's had milk for a week! I can find so little about dogs, there's more about the mythical teacup pigs birthing than dogs!! =0
Brushed her out some more and finished quaffing the male's butt hairs, lol. He marked the whelping pen, so locked him out from it and cleaned it. I'm pretty sure she'll try to have them in a random spot either way.

Trap caught a rat, I dropped it on the ground to reset it before tossing the rat in compost, but before I could get back to it, missy picked it up and walked off with it!! =0
She's never messed with rats, mice or birds. So I had to stop and follow her. She took it all the way down the hill and left it slightly covered by dirt in some tall grass in a ditch. Motherly care??

I'm getting so anxious!!!

Reactions: TAH

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I had a whelping area in our barn I used bales of straw for the "walls". Just one bale high was enough to keep the puppies in for about 3 weeks and it let mom come and go as she wanted. Now if it would only work for baby goats...

Strange about burying the rat.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
My puppy ID collars should arrive today!

Also had to semi make my own health records pamphlets. Printer didn't want to print anything with color, so I had to write in a ton of stuff, lol. I wanted them to color match the collars, ah well. My hand writing is horrible, that's the real issue.:D
91gsck9X4SL._SL1500_.jpg
2016-08-04 12.00.08.jpg

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
She's a bit thin today and eating less. Much more obviously lazy and sleeping all day.
Ughhh, when will they show. I'm so impatient! Lol