Libertyangora's fiber rabbit journal

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Okay so I guess it all started on about beginning of August when my mom told me about angora rabbits (I didn't even know they existed until then.)
so I started researching them over the course of almost 4 months and I decided that's what I wanted to do.

but then I had to find housing for them. We had an old wooden hutch that was left their from the people that lived their before us but it needed a lot of work, so we basically replaced everything but the Legs. (Even those needed repair.) but luckily me and my mom found an auction that had cages, not that far away so we went and sat in the cold all day until we finally ended up getting three cages one 8 feet long and the other 12 feet, for 9 bucks a hole.
so now one has my two rabbits and one is in storage and the other has Japanese quail in it.
So guess that's my whole story so far!
Oh yeah and I've lived on a farm all my life ( I'm only thirteen so i guess that's not saying much.) we started out with Icelandic sheep but they all got old so now we just have one old ram. 4 adult cows and two calves two meat goats, pigs, chickens, and really everything else under the sun!

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome :frow, which breed of Angora did you end up getting? Are you going to spin the fiber? We raise French Angoras, we have 3 does and 3 bucks my DD and my youngest DS are the ones who help with and show the rabbits for 4-H.

Would love to see some pictures of yours!

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
@Hens and Roos I have two French angoras one buck and one doe, that I will be breeding next spring so I'll probably keep one from that litter. My mom was really into spinning for a few years so she has drop spindles, so I will hopefully be learning how to spin that soon. These are my rabbits. (From top to bottom.) the doe and buck. Sorry for photo placement still learning how to use the forum.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are cute! Is your buck a black or blue? Your doe looks like one we have a tort.

Last edited:

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The doe is actually the dark one I'm not very good with the color names so I don't really know but she looks more black to me. And yes I know the buck is a tort.

Hens and Roos

Herd Master
Reaction score
oops, got them mixed up. We are still trying to figure out what all the colors are too as there are a lot!

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Just googled it, and it turns out the Buck's color is called black tort and the doe's is just black.

Libertyangora

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I'm going from 13% protein to 16% protein and I'm wondering if I have to worry about going straight to 16% protein without mixing them to introduce the higher protein slowly.

the breeder that I got them from said she just feeds them whatever she can find at the feed store.

Latest posts