Lice on goats, what to do?

Show Sebright

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for all the ideas!
@Show Sebright is it the same ivermectin that is sold as pour on for cattle that you give by mouth?
I’m not sure here’s a picture of what I have. We don’t have cattle so I wouldn’t know.

Attachments

• EB6BD21C-BBC7-49D6-A73E-A00583A7DF5D.jpeg
    EB6BD21C-BBC7-49D6-A73E-A00583A7DF5D.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 70

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is injectable....you can give orally to the goats. It's bitter tasting! I usually add some syrup to the syringe. 🤗.

Pour on would have oils mixed in to keep it on skin surface longer.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
The oils in the pour on might be poisonous but the injectable would be fine orally. I used the injectable Ivermectin for my family against Covid and it worked fine - no one died and they got over Covid. LOL

goats&sheep19

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
The oils in the pour on might be poisonous but the injectable would be fine orally. I used the injectable Ivermectin for my family against Covid and it worked fine - no one died and they got over Covid. LOL
Thanks!
I'll have a look around our local farm shop, and see if they have the injectable.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Either way, give the oral. It has been hard to get since Covid and people saying to use it for humans that caught the disease. It does work for Covid, so I think the government probably limited shipments. Plus it has tripled in price. And a lot of places are out. I need to reorder a bottle since my sheep oral Ivermectin is about to expire. I suppose I could give it IM but that uses up syringes and I already go through a lot of them with 1 needed for each ewe and 2 for each lamb when lambing I go through over 100 a year. With the government stopping sale of meds, I am afraid they will stop the sale of livestock syringes. I suppose I could get them in San Francisco at the free drug clinics! :lol:But who wants to go to SF? :sick

Latest posts