limping momma

1crazybird

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I just came home to my doe who is pregnant, limping! She was out wondering so I am not sure how it happened but checking her over it seems to be a sprain but I fear worse. I see that there is no cut on her leg and though her hove needs a little trim it looks good. She is putting some wait on it but not much. I am a worried and concerned but I think I will give her a day to see how she fares. What should I watch for? I don't want her to get further injuries or the kid?

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
How is she? Do you think she might of sprained her leg?

My brother's Myotonic doe once sprained her back leg from climbing up slightly steep ravines/creeks (we sometimes take all of the goats out for walks/climbs in our woods), and although she limped for about a week she was fine. :)

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is she? Do you think she might of sprained her leg?

My brother's Myotonic doe once sprained her back leg from climbing up slightly steep ravines/creeks (we sometimes take all of the goats out for walks/climbs in our woods), and although she limped for about a week she was fine. :)
At any given time I usually have one with a cut, scratch, or limp
Goats will get into some "stuff":)

Firemedichagy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe a pebble or something in the hoof also. Or got up wrong with the baby weight. There's so many little ways they can get hurt.
As much as we try to protect them

My boy hurt his knee last year and I'm not 100% sure how he did it.
I had just moved into my new place and they had 4 concrete footers at the
base of the porch but they were not flush together like tiles.
They had about an 1 1/2 gap between them. Right away I was working on filling the gaps because I was worried he may step on it and get his hoof caught. Around the same time that week he was standing up on a tree eating leaves.
The tree had a fork in it. When he came down his foot got caught. But I was there and he wasn't even stuck for 3 seconds... Not sure if that was the culprit but he's got some really bad arthritis in it now. Sad, he's only 4.

Hoping she's looking better tomorrow, fingers crossed!!