Litter of 5, only one left

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, they seemed too small to wean but then I looked at the calendar and realized they are over 6 weeks old. I weaned previous litters a bit earlier. I'm starting to wonder if they don't have as good genetics for quick growing as the litters from Pepper, or maybe it's just the heat. Only way to know is to have more litters and take more notes. :)

Last edited:

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
More recent pics of the bunnies. I checked and I am 90% certain that Toffee is a girl. I haven't checked Coffee and the blue yet. Waiting for the nasty scratches on my arm to stop hurting so much.
KIMG5655.JPG
KIMG5647.JPG
KIMG5652.JPG
KIMG5660.JPG
KIMG5649.JPG

Coffee's color is looking a lot better, more like mom, so hopefully I will be able to show her. They are all getting super soft too. They are over 2 months old now.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
More pics of the buns. The smuttiness on Toffee seems to have mostly gone away, and Coffee looks more like mom Cinnamon.

KIMG5757.JPG
KIMG5755.JPG
KIMG5754.JPG
KIMG5753.JPG
KIMG5752.JPG

I found someone with a castor Rex buck who was born same week as these and pedigree shows unrelated. I am trying to figure out how to open up another cage or add another cage so I can get him. I am excited for the fall and cooler weather. It's better to breed a doe her first time once she reaches 6 months? 8 months?

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
They're beautiful!!
I breed my does when they're willing to breed...and that's usually around 6 months but some of them are ready closer to 8 months. Whenever they're ready...as long as they're not 8 weeks old ha ha ;)

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Buns are still doing well. I checked this morning and I am 99% sure they are all girls. They all have a little dewlap starting already too. I have decided they will be named Coffee, Toffee, and Sugar.

I need to find someone who can tattoo their ears or buy a tattoo kit. Coffee looks like a small version of Cinnamon. I am planning to breed them sometime in December-February. I have a buck lined up who is a castor, so I definitely need to make sure I can tell them apart.

Latest posts