Little doeling with pale gums, staggering and shaking her head??

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sure, I'll put her on a drench and some probios for a few days. She's adjusted to the cold now, and seems totally fine??? Strange.

Just found out I'll be getting two little fainting goats in the spring! I'm so excited! :celebrate

dianneS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Okay, we had another cold snap last week. My little goat was just as dramatic about it, but this time I didn't fall for it. She stayed inside with the guardian dog instead of following the rest outside in the cold. I gave her plenty of hay and a nest to stay warm. She wasn't happy, but she would survive. She's adjusted more to the cold since then.

We are having cold and rainy weather right now, this is the weather she hates the most. She's handling it well compared to before. Once again, she's not happy, but healthy and fine.

I guess she's just a very delicate little thing. I hope she outgrows that some day! She's got everything she needs to stay warm and healthy and keep her belly full, so I'm not going to worry so much if she gets a little overly dramatic again!

FarmerChick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Check inside her eyelids.

Are they truly pink.....or pale?

If they are pale, your goat has an overload of worms big time.

pale inside eyelid means you must de-worm strong.

I routinely check eyelids after worming.....best way to know if you have a problem with one goat.

Latest posts