Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OK- its been crazy but here we go.....

Hubby picked up 2 does with kids on them and 8 "due any day" in Illinois last Friday.

One of the already born kids.... Girl
1751_black_and_white_baby.jpg

Her with the other one. Also a girl
1751_older_babies.jpg

We got in too late to unload that night and Saturday morning there were two more in the trailer..... The trailer babies, boy and girl. The boy is the brown and white one.
1751_trailer_trash.jpg

The girl has a black spot on one eye.
1751_black_spot.jpg

Then there were 3 more to kid 2 days ago, on Thursday.

Triplets, 2 girls and a boy
1751_triplets_with_mom.jpg

One red girl from boy-girls twins
1751_picture_003.jpg

Her brother
1751_proud_baby.jpg

A beautiful black moonspotted doe
1751_spot_doe.jpg

Her brother
1751_cutie.jpg

Then one more kidded yesterday with boy girl twins. Of course the pretty one is the BOY. :tongue
1751_buckskin_baby.jpg

His sister, who is also very pretty.
1751_black_baby.jpg

Enough for now. I think we have 14 more to go.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Lots of girls for you, That will be nice this year. How many do you think you will keep?

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you. They are very nice looking girls. I am so glad we bought these does. They are (2) PB kiko, (3) Boki (1/2 kiko, 1/2 boer), (1) boer-kiko-nubian, (1) kiko-spanish, (1) kiko-spanish-oberhalsi, (2) kiko-oberhalsi. I knwo which ones are the PB kikos and which are the Bo-ki but the rest I am still figuring out which is which. The guy I bought them from is a data fiend but her uses his own shorthand. I am still figuring it out. He sent me photos of the bucks they were bred to.

As for the babies, this is what I know:
The black and white girls are kiko/spanish
The two born in the trailer are 75% kiko and I am not sure the other.
The triplets are 3/4 Boer and 1/4 kiko.
The set of twins with the moonspotted doe and her brown brother, who has two little spots of his own are 75% boer and 25% kiko.
The red and traditional set of twins are 75% boer, 25% kiko.
The black doe and buckskin boy have a kiko x dam (I think the kiko-spanish-ober) and a spanish sire.

We are keeping 2 of the Savanna/kiko girls by an outside buck, probably 4 from the new group also bred to an outside buck and 4-6 more by my buck, Bullet.

We have liquidated all of the Boer does and I will be selling my Boer buck. It got to difficult to manage three bucks and I can get higher prices for kiko girls than I can boers. It takes us out of the 4-H market but we were never very heavy in that anyways.

Now comes that hard part, figuring out who to cull. I hate this part but it has to be done.

Latest posts